Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2024

Started by Dash Decent, 07 July, 2023, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

Quote from: judgeurko on 23 April, 2024, 05:18:30 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 19 April, 2024, 06:50:00 PMWho is Judge Alpha?  :o
Oh its just basically Elseworlds.
Kind of. It's taking separate 2000AD strips and mashing them together. The Red Seas and Stickleback, Zombo and Harlem Heroes etc.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

I'm a bit dubious about this year's Sci-Fi Special, as I was never a great fan of these Elseworlds-type crossovers. I will buy it (to show solidarity and all that) but don't have very high expectations as, for me, these 'alternative' stories never seem to work.

The Monarch

Al ewing is back to do the harlem zombos story :D

broodblik

Quote from: Max Headroom on 23 April, 2024, 09:05:18 PMI'm a bit dubious about this year's Sci-Fi Special, as I was never a great fan of these Elseworlds-type crossovers. I will buy it (to show solidarity and all that) but don't have very high expectations as, for me, these 'alternative' stories never seem to work.

I feel the same but at least they are trying something differnt with the specials. Dooing something based on a theme
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

O Lucky Stevie!

Given the recent success of The Darkest Judge & 2000AD vs Battle Action it makes sense to go down this route.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Barrington Boots

This is definitely something a bit different but doesn't look especially interesting to me either apart from Harlem Zombos, which could be worth the cover price alone if its as daft as it sounds.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

judgeurko

Its a nice idea to have a themed special, but nothing here really interests me apart from the Judge Alpha one.

Funt Solo

Yes, this inventiveness and creativity has filled me with ennui, also. Bring back Brigand Doom, I say!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Richard

At least a one-off issue can't overstay its welcome, and while it's a daft idea it could still be fun. And that artwork looks good.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dash Decent on Today at 02:43:52 PMOkay, there's Doyle.  Where's Bodie?

I prompted the AI thusly: "Bodie and Doyle from The Professionals, but both dressed up as a Judge from the world of Judge Dredd."

And it did this:

(Or did I just take a photo at Dounreay-Con?)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

And to think that people don't se AI as the future!  :lol:

judgeurko

Quote from: Funt Solo on Today at 03:57:14 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on Today at 02:43:52 PMOkay, there's Doyle.  Where's Bodie?

I prompted the AI thusly: "Bodie and Doyle from The Professionals, but both dressed up as a Judge from the world of Judge Dredd."

And it did this:

(Or did I just take a photo at Dounreay-Con?)
AI can go to hell