Main Menu

Toxic No. 1

Started by Mudcrab, 22 May, 2002, 03:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcrab

Anyone know what the free gift was (if any) wih Toxic No.1? Cos I've just been duped on Ebay. I just want to find out before I give the guy hell, write some negative feedback and geberally fuck him over for it.

To give you a laugh, the "free gift" from a comic dated 1991, was a set of 3 coolbeansworld postcards, sporting some amazing computer graphics for something from 1991!!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

Oh, by the way, his name's Roy Wise, in case you want to avoid him.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

Hi Doug

I don't remember any fee giftss with Toxic 1.  I could be wrong, but I'm sure I'd remember.

Cheers

Paul

Mudcrab

Cheers, it didn't say anything on the cover. Damn fine looking comic though. O'Neill, Bisley, McMahon, superb! Marshall Law I've never read too!!! Still need to hassle him for the false advertising though.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mangamax

Don't remember a free gift either - will have to dig it out of the attic and check. No mention of it on the cover?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

O Lucky Stevie!

wasn't it a space spinner with a serrated edge?

nah... never saw no free gift with toxic #1 over here in Oz.

io absoluely love mcmahon's work on mutomaniac; talk about an artist at the height of his powers...don't suppose that there's any chance of mike & pat finishing it off in the megazine? that was my main problem with toxic, with the exception of the driver & the story drawn by morak, none of the stories ever reach a proper conclusion.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Mudcrab

No, none at all, which led me to believe there wasn't one. It's pretty funny though, I'd like to see how much a computer generated Marshall law of that quality would have cost in 1991!!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

roystead

There's no free gift with my copy of Toxic #1 either - sounds to me like this Roy Wise gave you a free gift with your purchase from eBay. Can you post a link to the auction in question, or double-check its wording yourself?

As an aside, I've bought from and sold to Roy Wise via eBay, and had no problems to date.

Cheers,
Roy

Mudcrab

It doesn't actually say that it came WITH the comic. this is the wording of the title:

2000ad Toxic Mills Grant Bisley No.1free gift

This is an auction of a 2000ad Toxic (Mills Grant Bisley) No.1. Also included are 3 Marshal Law post cards

The wording is ambiguous, but as far as I can see, it's misleading to the extreme. As you know, free gifts from early progs have been going for loads and comics with them are worth more. It is ignorance on my part but the wording itself is misleading, which is against ebays rules. I recently got a No 100 with the centre poster pages missing and the guy returned the cheque when he noticed because he posted it as "complete". I was impressed by that honesty and that was far less severe.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

paulvonscott

To me that looks dubiously worded, if he'd added bonus postcards or soemthing, but to me that ain't so good.

Mudcrab

It wouldn't be so bad if the postcards were great. There's ONE normal one drawn by Kevin O'Neill (natch), but the other two are the hideous shiny rounded Marshall Law done by (oooooh) computer graphics. It completely ruins it. No wonder coolbeans are about to go down the tubes.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

Please can you post the eBay item number. Based on what you've just written, I think that leaving negative feedback would be excessive. He hasn't stated that the postcards originally went with the comic.

Wake

Mudcrab

Sure thing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1093312321">Ebay link

You're probably right. Wouldn't mind an apology at least cos I am feeling like I I've just been 'done'. Stating "free gift" does not usually implie that the seller is giving you a free gift, and he should be fully aware of that. Either that or he was duped himself, but if that's the case, he's an absolute idiot.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

Some sellers do add "free gifts" to their auctions. It's not that uncommon.

Given that you were the only bidder, do obviously didn't get into a bidding war with someone else who also thought the free gift had originally come with the comic.

Also, the starting price (?2.99) doesn't imply that the seller thought it should go for a high price.

If you are happy with the condition of the comic itself, I think you should put it down to experience and either leave positive feedback or no feedback at all (rather than neutral). You should definitely not leave negative feedback. The guy has a high rating and no negatives so you could come out looking worse.

Wake

Drizzit

Hay everyone i thought id come in this one and help out as i nose de answer.....
Toxic issue one does not come with the post cards it never had eny free gifts with it nor did hardley eny of the issues up to its untimely demise (sob sob i loved that comic!)
the post cards are from one of to things one was a specal offer in issue 7 (Dont quot me on that im at work and carnt double check) for back issues witch you would get the Marshel law post cards and the second was from the Marshal law comic itself advertising its involvment with Toxic anyway i hope that helps