Main Menu

The Reckoning (Jimmy Savile drama)

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 20 October, 2023, 01:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Just finished this one.  It's an uncomfortable watch, though probably not half as uncomfortable as it could have been.  Still, Steve Coogan does an incredibly good job of playing the charismatic psychopath in question; somehow contorting his face to reflect Savile's permanent leer but without losing the manipulative charm we used to know so well.

Coogan would have been a Spitting Image voice in the days when they had a Savile puppet, and all the awful stuff had yet to go beyond the rumour stage - it would be interesting to know whether he actually voiced that particular character, but I've seen conflicting reports and don't know for sure.   
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

judgeurko

Absolutely pointless endeavour. I imagine the BBC wanted it done before anyone else.

The Legendary Shark

Agreed. Poor t.v.

Jimmy Savile; A British Horror Story got everything across much better without making a national treasure take on the role of a national disgrace.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I've only seen highlights and an interview on C4 News about it. Seems like something that some of the victims have agreed is both useful and cathartic, so I'm not sure who would be well placed to argue with them.

Anything with his name attached will attract a lot of knee-jerk reactions, though.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++