Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Pauul

Please sir, can I have some more?

:P

Like the others have been saying, that is some really good art.

CrazyFoxMachine

CrazyFoxMachine

...is it a good or bad thing that the poet is my girlfriend?

Danbo

A Dredd not yet coloured,i need to find a photoshop tuorial on colouring comic art because i can't get my head round it due to being numb,anyway some dodgy shading and a ropey leg aside here he is...
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Emperor

Good Dredd - a bit of Steve Dillon in there.

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 02 September, 2010, 03:43:42 PM
A Dredd not yet coloured,i need to find a photoshop tuorial on colouring comic art because i can't get my head round it due to being numb

Plenty of tips and the like here:

http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,25751.0.html
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Danbo

Cheers for that,i'm going to have a squiz,bookmarked in art folder ;)  and glad you liked my Dredd,Dillion was and still is one of my fave Dredd artist.

Mardroid

Very good! I like that take on the lawgiver too. The thought occurred to me that it look kind of 'steam-punk' but that's not quite right. 'Industrial' would be a better term. Makes it look rather nasty and vicious, if that makes sense.

SIP

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.... and I learned some improved Photoshop colouring methods in the process.

Sorry its not 2000ad related - I just wanted to draw the "S" !
Hope you like it.

Dunk!

Nice one, Si.

Missed your art around these parts.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Darren Stephens

Ooooh, I like the style of that Dredd, DanboJohnJ. Yes, very Dillon. I miss him in my prog these days.  :'(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Danbo

Quote from: Mardroid on 02 September, 2010, 06:44:22 PM
Very good! I like that take on the lawgiver too. The thought occurred to me that it look kind of 'steam-punk' but that's not quite right. 'Industrial' would be a better term. Makes it look rather nasty and vicious, if that makes sense.
Cheers pal,i was going for a sorta ray-gun/desert eagle route for the lawgiver but it went a bit west,like the leg :-[,needs tidying up on t'pooter.

COMMANDO FORCES

DanboJohnJ that's a nice Dredd (here it is  ;)) but the pistol grip is all wrong. All the fingers would be touching each other around the pistol grip to give a tight hold and the thumb would not be bent like that!

I can see everyone doing a pistol grip now!

Danbo

Thats my fault for not using a reference photo.I was miffed about his little finger just couldn't arsed sorting it out yet mostly because i goosed the legs up.

Emperor

Quote from: Simon Penter on 02 September, 2010, 06:56:52 PM
I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.... and I learned some improved Photoshop colouring methods in the process.

And you should be pleased - it looks excellent and you win extra marks for adding nipples.

Quote from: Simon Penter on 02 September, 2010, 06:56:52 PMSorry its not 2000ad related - I just wanted to draw the "S" !

This thread is pretty much and artistic free-for-all with no content restriction (beyond the actionable I suppose).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+