Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

lovely stuff mygrimmbrother! Bill Paxton, the only actor to be killed by an alien, a predator and a terminator. What a guy!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Neil McClements

Didn't Lance Henrikson get wacked by them all aswell?

Malicious

Oops my ignorance is showing! I'm a bit out of the loop. I am stuck on a prison colony after all! ;) it would be a cool project, do you know how to get in contact with the powers that be? Just to say hey let them know I'm about.

Grim - working good for you man. I know James jean does a similar thing but he has at least one layer where he blurs the pencil. Gives his work that ethereal feel. I love inking to much to skip it personally! Colour is currently kicking my arse. I do ok with it in an oil painting but get on a computer and it all goes to shit :P
Malicious
www.malicious.com.au

Malicious

Found the blog and an email address. I might send off an email tomorrow night. Bed time here now.
Malicious
www.malicious.com.au

Bhuna

Stunning work chaps.

Here's a little taster for what's happening with Speed Date 2, first and last panels.

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Archey on 07 August, 2011, 01:10:55 PM

Bah! There goes my theory how dare it be shot to shit by the facts.

Yes you are correct. Lance got blasted in the first Terminator movie, cut in half by the Alien Queen (though technically he was a droid or artificial human  and "survived", only he was written out of the next one by Sigourneys ego )
And died in the first Aliens vs Predator film as Charles Weyland of what is presumably the forerunner of the Weyland Yutani mega-corp.

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Emperor

Quote from: Malicious on 07 August, 2011, 01:32:59 PM
Oops my ignorance is showing! I'm a bit out of the loop. I am stuck on a prison colony after all! ;) it would be a cool project, do you know how to get in contact with the powers that be? Just to say hey let them know I'm about.

Well by a happy coincidence #cough# I am a script consultant on Zarjaz. The editors Rich and Bolt are on these very forums and will probably stumble across this anyway but I'll PM you their email addresses.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

chris_askham

Some might have spotted this already, but nice to see mygrimmbrother as the August guest over on the Scotch Corner blog. Nice one Matt!

http://scotchcorner.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-guest-matt-soffe.html

markchilly

Hi

Bit of self pimpery here, but here's the cover art for Damaged Goods. Written by Rich McAuliffe drawn by me and lettered by Jim Campbell.

Greg M.

Woah! Deeply disturbing but very impressive stuff.

blackmocco

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 07 August, 2011, 06:38:51 PM
Quote from: Archey on 07 August, 2011, 01:10:55 PM

Bah! There goes my theory how dare it be shot to shit by the facts.

Yes you are correct. Lance got blasted in the first Terminator movie, cut in half by the Alien Queen (though technically he was a droid or artificial human  and "survived", only he was written out of the next one by Sigourneys ego )
And died in the first Aliens vs Predator film as Charles Weyland of what is presumably the forerunner of the Weyland Yutani mega-corp.

Oh man. I hate to be that guy but ol' Lance was in Alien3, just not as the android Bishop.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Matt Timson

Quote from: Emperor on 05 August, 2011, 03:04:40 PM
Corking Joker there. Have you shown DC or Marvel your portfolio?

Yes and no. I showed my folio to Shelley Bond (DC/Vertigo) last year at Bristol and she was impressed enough to ask me to submit character sheets for books that she edited.  The thing is, I only showed my folio because I was there, was currently working in comics, and felt like I should show my folio because I could.  The reality was that I simply didn't have the time to follow up with the character sheets.  When I did have the time, I felt like I'd left it too long to avoid looking like an arsehole and just moved on to my next gig instead.

My Marvel story is even worse: An editor there got in touch and asked me to submit a folio that he could forward to the talent team, as he was interested in working with me.  Unbelievably, this was the same day that I'd already called bullshit on CB Cebulski's "artists should be in it for the love of the medium, not the money" gubbins, on twitter (for those who don't know, CB heads up the talent team).  I like to console myself with the thought that my folio was simply shit, rather than the other way that this tale of woe could go.  :D

I'm not that fussed about either, to be honest.  Yes, it'd be nice to work for the big two- in the same way that it'd be nice to work for 2000ad one day- but comics aren't the be all and end all.  I'm happy to fit them in around other stuff- but until I become independently wealthy, or until publishers are ready to pay what the job is worth, I'm happy to potter along at them in my spare time.

Technically, as I've never actually chased a comic job, I've yet to feel the pain and suffering of rejection.  I'm sure it's only a matter of time though...  :D
Pffft...

Mardroid

Quote from: blackmocco on 08 August, 2011, 09:35:03 PM
Oh man. I hate to be that guy but ol' Lance was in Alien3, just not as the android Bishop.

He actually played both. Well, technically he played Android Bishop's head and was kinda gooey.

Edit- Actually, I might be wrong. The head might have been entirely prosthetic, but I think they did a similar thing as the rebooted Ash in Alien (i.e. poked his head through a doohickey, made him spew yoghurt, etc, etc.) He played AB's voice anyway.  :lol:

SIP

Wow, standards are through the roof around here of late......well done everyone!

Something I have just finished off - hope you like.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Simonipenter/DarthTalon-lowres.jpg

Cheers

Simon

SIP

So.....how do you post an image then?