Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

The score to Resident Evil Retribution.

Makes walking through the city more exciting when everyone could turn into zombies at any moment :D

*as far as I know music doesn't turn people into zombies. Well, maybe zombie nation.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Citi-Def_Joe

The new Anthrax arrived today

Current favourite is White Buffalo's Love & The Death of Damnation

NapalmKev

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 29 February, 2016, 06:04:01 PM
The new Anthrax arrived today

Fantastic Album, lyrically and musically.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

Ooooph! Was going to leave it awhile but really feel the urge to listen to more Anthrax right now. :)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 22 February, 2016, 09:32:57 AM
I should also point out that Log 22 isn't difficult in the way, say people refer to some PJ Harvey, just people seem to suggest they are stretching a little (well Pitchfolk did) beyond their reputation as dependable. Still really great record.
Listened to this at the weekend. Liked it. Cheers.

...the benchmark it would seem I use (i.e. I used for this!) is - is it as interesting as Throwing Muses and in the case the answer is no (it never is mind!).
90% of all human endeavour would be condemned by that particular metric.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 March, 2016, 07:15:57 PM
I should also point out that Log 22 isn't difficult in the way, say people refer to some PJ Harvey, just people seem to suggest they are stretching a little (well Pitchfolk did) beyond their reputation as dependable. Still really great record.
Listened to this at the weekend. Liked it. Cheers.

...the benchmark it would seem I use (i.e. I used for this!) is - is it as interesting as Throwing Muses and in the case the answer is no (it never is mind!).
90% of all human endeavour would be condemned by that particular metric.

Phew and too true, very little in this world is as good as The Throwing Muses. The very creme de la creme of of female vocal fuzzy guitar music (well they are of course so much more than that but since we had the definition earlier!).

On another note is that cover to the Anthrax album by Alexs Ross. Odd fit if so!

Greg M.

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 March, 2016, 07:21:32 PM
On another note is that cover to the Anthrax album by Alexs Ross. Odd fit if so!

Yes, he's done the art for their last three albums - as we all know, Anthrax are comic-book fans.

Colin YNWA

Knew Anthrax were big comic fans (including 2000ad as I recall) but shiny shiny Alex Ross and them seems odd to me... but then to be fair I know nowt about them and him really.

Hawkmumbler

Been listening to mostly Thin Lizzy and Judas Priest throughout the day. Jailbreak the former and British Steel (US version, my prefered) the later.

Taryn Tailz

Mostly rocking with Rachel Stamp lately but thought I'd share this electro mix here, as I'm sure the first song will be of interest to 2000AD fans. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjdWwLMF4vM

richerthanyou

The Alien Soundtrack. If you want to terrify someone (especially small children) sneak into someones room when they are asleep and put this on.

I fell asleep with it playing, suffice to say it scared the s*** out of me when it woke me back up :D
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Hawkmumbler

Been listening to mainly Def Leppard (Hysteria and Adrenalize) and Motley Cru (Dr. Feelgood) this morning.

richerthanyou

Just got Lindemann - Skills In Pills

if you like Rammstein, you should already own this. The lyrics are vulgar (the music videos are hillarious)

Essentially it sounds like Rammstein with English lyrics. A fun album.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

ThryllSeekyr

Since , I had brought that new stereo with Usb/Cd-player/Radio combined about a fortnight after moving house over a month ago. I have been listening to more music these past few weeks.

Last night after listening to Led Zepplin's greatest hits (The one with the old man carrying a some bundled sticks on his back....) three times in a row that day. I put on PUSA's (Presidents of the United States of America...What a name for a band!) Love Everybody (Full Album of some of their various songs you know!) & soon realised I was only listening to that song Love Everybody over & over again. Because I had that one on repeat by mistake. After I soon figured it out & bothered to fix this, I put on their first self titled album (All on cd's , you know. I haven't yet connected the record player!) The one with note worthy songs like Peaches (Millions of Peaches....Peaches for me...), Lump (Lump sat alone in boggy marsh, totally emotionless, except for her heart. Mud flowed up into Lump's pyjamas. She totally confused all the passing piranhas. She's Lump, she's Lump, she's in my head, she's Lump, she's Lump, she's Lump. She might be dead.) & that one about throwing your cat outside & keeping it there.

Then I started to go through the pile of cd's I had dug out of the plastic container where I keep them all. I have about four of these in totally & one of these is just filled with old computer game CDs. With the stereo sitting in between it's own speakers (Like it should!) on one small wooden table with one of those containers underneath, another beside it one both sides, and the fourth one top of the one next to it that that's clear of the table where the music box is sitting. It's still kind of hard to get at them without getting down there on the floor & just blindly fish for them. Like when I had randomly grabbed Marshal Mather's/M&M's/Slim Shady's (Don't know what his real name is off hand!) first self-titled album (The one of his I got, after I succumbed to peer-group pressure while working in a Abattoir down south of the border!) & started playing in response to the neighbours loud playing of Cat Stevens & ZZ-Top that night! (Not that that music was really bothering me, but I felt like giving a music response anyway & it's funny how that cd found it's way into my hand when I blindly grabbed for one!) It's the one Hip-Hop album I own, despite the colour of the artist skin. You'd think I'd go some of the bona-fid material. Yet, the truth is that this is not really my taste in music at all, but some of it did have catchy ring to it. Yet, also really explicit liker a lot of it is & very descriptive what how the artist mocks/refers to some of his music contemporary's (More like Contempt )describing man on man sexual practices towards each other all in the hard jest of his street talking skills. I was disappointed to find out later, this artist never really murdered his abusive single mother & own wife & child. They're all still alive & and happy....just as well, but this also compromises his street credibility & integrity.

Anyway, once I get the old large white kitchen table in here. All those cd holders are going on top along with the stereo, right behind me as I sit at this computer....some time. After I get all the books & magazines off of it in the dining room first.

Getting back on subject.....as I was making a grab for another CD out of that pile I had randomly made about half a week earlier & I knelt on the seat after turning around to face the stereo itself. It's not actual computer chair, but a really comfortable fixed lounge chair, like this....

Except there is no back cushion, apart from wraparound support behind it which is also cushiony. So that cushion isn't needed. The chair I've got is smaller & with stumpier wooden legs (Than the one in the photo above!) that appear much more sturdy but.....

One of them gave out while I was kneeling on seat (The seat cushion part of chair & over the back rest!)  looking for a CD. This seemed totally inconceivable & against my every expectation of this wonderful chair. One leg just simply came off as I went crashing to the side knocking some of my beloved cd's to the floor. Hopefully not scratching them. Luckily, I don't think they fell far enough for this to happen. Unlike a event that happened nearly ten years earlier where I had been balancing some cd's on top of the open door of my wardrobe as I was sorting through some thing else & they fell the whole way down to the floor. The cd's fell right out of their containers getting scratched as well as breaking the tiny hinges on those containers (Which is easier enough to do. A lot of my good cd's have the CDs lids just sitting on top of them barely held together after more subsequent mishaps through the years, through the chaos of my computer/bedroom!). I only remember badly scratching my double cd compilation of Blue Oyster Cult's - Workshop of the Telescopes with a black on black sketch/painting of the Egyptian god Anubis reclining on some stone tablet like the Lion of the Sphinxs on the front cover and I think Tenacious-D's first self tile album got ruined the same way. I think I was really swapping cd over & replacing one in it's case when this happened. I fumbled them & dropped everything. Because I had something like a cd two cd containers in my hands. They've since ben replaced after ordering more months later when I really wanted to hear them again as they were intended to be played. Now I know there are special cd cleaners out there that can repair scratches through special process& return them to almost factory standard. Yet, I just forked out for new ones.  Same thing happened to first Led Zepplin cd I brought & it was replaced as well.

Back to what I was saying.... I almost fell off my chair as one of the legs gave way & only managed to save myself with using my arms/hands as struts to hit the floor. Just like that obese dwarf who broke his seat after catching the finale snag (Aussie word for cooked pork sausage!) after Bofar threw it to him. (Remember that scene from of the very first Hobbit movie? When Gandalf & the rest of company were cooling their heels at Rivendell. That one reference is the almost entire point of me writing this almost unfeasibly long recollection from last night!) I don't think I'm that heavy & have reason to believe this chair might have ben tampered with or Termights had gotten to it. So, I spun the seat around, to have a look & tried my best to hand screw leg back into he hole where it was screwed in. Not that there appears to be sign of rot/or wood being eaten away. It just appears to be loosened, & may need a
professional furniture attention later. Because right now, the leg's only loosely reattached. I need to place my weight on it in a certain way to keep the chair steady enough not to fall over again, & I really need to be careful not to have the same accident. It has a slight rocking effect. I don't like it one bit ....bad luck

The CD I eventually grabbed for this time is Blue Oyster Cult's - Fire of Unknown Origin. Listened to it last night & again just now.

Fungus