Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 June, 2010, 06:47:58 PM

I just folded and snapped the disc into quarters after going up to 4 on it  >:(

Without a shadow of a doubt that was the most annoying crap i have ever played and i just ran out of patience and besides i shouldnt have even been playing it as i have a competition entry to finish.
Yes, it's shit. You have done the world a favour

Roger Godpleton

Full Metal Alchemist is finished. Guess I'd better run a bath whilst I pop out for some  vodka and razorblades...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: James Stacey on 15 June, 2010, 09:49:07 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 15 June, 2010, 06:47:58 PM

I just folded and snapped the disc into quarters after going up to 4 on it  >:(

Without a shadow of a doubt that was the most annoying crap i have ever played and i just ran out of patience and besides i shouldnt have even been playing it as i have a competition entry to finish.
Yes, it's shit. You have done the world a favour

So it wasnt just me then ?

Thats reassuring to know !

Right now i feel highly irritable and i feel like giving someone a face full of 4  >:( and i am finding it very difficult to concentrate on what i should be doing to the point that i havent done anything yet.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Hoagy

Quote from: Noisybast on 11 June, 2010, 07:01:40 PM
Quote from: Krombasher on 11 June, 2010, 03:23:28 PM
Ordered a Wacom Bamboo from PLAY.COM. on 2nd of June. 3-5 days of delivery has passed. Have to wait 21 more days 7 days after supposed arrival.

Has anyone ordered from PLAY.COM and do they use their own private service or regular posties?

As its free delivery I considered they use their own cargo haulage.

I once had a DVD turn up four years after I ordered it from Play.com. I'd already picked it up from Asda in the intervening years, and lent it to a friend, never to be seen again. At least I got a replacement out of it. Couldn't be bothered going through my old statements to see if they'd ever taken the payment for it (it was only about a fiver).

Not so much four years but they had me going for a week there. So much more grateful to see it arrive this morning. A working balance is restored.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dandontdare

I'm getting hacked off with the amount of padding and repetition in Marvel TPBs. I don't follow individual titles, but Marvel have always been pretty good at quickly (unlike DC) collecting the major events into sequential trades. I didn't used to mind half a dozen pages of covers and sketches at the end but things are getting silly.

I already had Dark Avengers vol 1, but this week a couple more arrived: Dark Reign - Accept Change and Siege-prelude. The first one reprints Dark Avengers issue 1 (though anyone who buys this volume will probably already have this in DA v.1 as I did), but it then takes the piss with no less than 112 pages of text features, creator interviews and character profiles. The Siege - Prelude isn't quite so bad, but fills things out with 67 pages of Green Goblin reprints and, you guessed it, Dark Avengers issue 1 yet again.

staticgirl

I have about 4 mouth ulcers all sat right next to each other in my left (mouth) cheek. It is ruddy painful and I can't eat properly.

vzzbux

Quote from: staticgirl on 16 June, 2010, 03:11:19 PM
I have about 4 mouth ulcers all sat right next to each other in my left (mouth) cheek. It is ruddy painful and I can't eat properly.
I used to get mouth ulcers quite a lot but since using Sainsbury's own mouth wash on a daily basis I haven't had one develop fully for about five years now.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: vzzbux on 16 June, 2010, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: staticgirl on 16 June, 2010, 03:11:19 PM
I used to get mouth ulcers quite a lot but since using Sainsbury's own mouth wash on a daily basis I haven't had one develop fully for about five years now.

V

Bloody hate them- I get them when I'm run down and it is very annoying.

Noisybast

I grew far too much lettuce, and have just had to spend two and a half back-breaking hours carefully digging it up and replanting it to give it room to grow properly.  Man, I'm tired.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Tiplodocus

QuoteI grew far too much lettuce...

QuoteI have about 4 mouth ulcers...

Only here.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Roger Godpleton

Today I saw some obnoxious little brat screaming "GET SOME MONEY" at his mother when she said she didn't have any to buy him sweets.

Why was it illegal for me to walk over and kick him in the head?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

Now that the Minty shooting dates are finalised and I've booked time off from work, I decided to tell my lovely wife about the dates. She then reminded me that the Wales shoot was at the same time we were going to her aunties 80th Bithday meal with many other family members  ::)

At times like this the lure of the family can be strong but I had to inform her that the lure of Judge Minty is stronger. Lets just say the temperature in the house has dropped, which is good as it's bloody hot down in Kent  :lol:

I suppose I'll have to make it up to her in the very near future.

Dandontdare

Interfering with a justice dept operation - five years creep!

(this may work, but I'd try flowers and a nice meal out first)

COMMANDO FORCES

I know she wants to go to one of those posh eating establishments in London (La Gavroche to be exact) so it's gonna hurt my wallet  :'(

nev