Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

That, or he's a Mi-Go. Been messing about on Pluto again, Roger?

COMMANDO FORCES

Today.
Argued with the ticket woman at the train station. No I do not want a Travel Card for London, I am able to walk from Victoria to where I want to go, you old witch. Stop trying to sell me a more expensive ticket, twice (Saturday & Sunday).

Next I went to the barbers to get my beard trimmed and shaped, Jesus Christ it's nearly all bloody gone. I closed my eyes and the twat just took it near enough to the skin. I hope Dan can colour this in over the weekend (the missus says you can see it easily but I think not ::))

Had another conversation with the idiots at Virgin, TV and Broadband lost AGAIN, fifth time in a fortnight. They said excuse, excuse, excuse, blah, blah, blah. I said I will go to Sky if this doesn't get sorted. They replied, here's some money as a good will gesture ;)

Lastly, went for a bike ride with Sam (we have a tandem) and still he doesn't peddle. I sweated buckets and nearly died in the heat, had to drink loads of Orange squash on return.

Tomorrow I am taking my lovely wife to Bluewater to get her a dress/outfit for our anniversary. I am really looking forward to that I can tell you :'(

vzzbux

I am sick of shag awful customers who keep demanding something for nothing. And there is the customer who stands over your shoulder for the entirety of the install watching everything you do. I have a canny knack of jerking backwards and knocking into them.
On the plus side I had some beautiful meat samosa's made for me today.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 July, 2010, 08:53:17 PM

Had another conversation with the idiots at Virgin, TV and Broadband lost AGAIN, fifth time in a fortnight. They said excuse, excuse, excuse, blah, blah, blah. I said I will go to Sky if this doesn't get sorted. They replied, here's some money as a good will gesture ;)

(

Whats the problem your are having, Maybe I can point you in the right direction.

V
Drokking since 1972

COMMANDO FORCES

The picture freezes, and then you lose the signal completely and at the same time the Broadband goes down. They keep saying that it's a fault in the area, what can you do  ::)

It started during the England V Germany match and has done it every couple of days since and each day it does it a couple of times.

vzzbux

There is definitely not enough signal strength coming into your household cable. An engineer needs to come round to check signal levels and either up your signal in the base unit (The green boxes randomly scattered in the streets) or failing that replace the cable from the B/U to your terminal box with a thicker cable.
What sometimes happens is a lazy engineer will lower a house holds cable to replace it with the one they are installing rather than spending and extra 10 minutes trying to find the fault on theirs. All it may be is one of you F connectors may be degraded and just needs replacing, a 2 minute job.
Ring the twats at customer services and tell them a friend had come round checked the signal strengths and says that they are too low.

V
Drokking since 1972

COMMANDO FORCES

Cheers for that info, when it drops off again, in the next few days I will mention this fact.

COMMANDO FORCES

TV and Broadband went again at 15:15 (same time again), rang the poor middle people up and quoted vzzbux. Engineer coming Monday  ::)

Emp

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 July, 2010, 03:39:38 PM
TV and Broadband went again at 15:15 (same time again), rang the poor middle people up and quoted vzzbux. Engineer coming Monday  ::)

A result then !

Emp

I hate bloody shops/shopkeepers who display signs for cold drinks,when what they mean is that they've turned the lights on in the chiller but bugger all else.....which results in you getting a warm drink or mounting an expedition to the back of the chiller in the vain hope of finding something slightly below room temperature  >:(

vzzbux

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 July, 2010, 03:39:38 PM

Glad to be of service. Lets hope the service engineer is on the ball.

V
Drokking since 1972

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Having so far thorughly enjoyed the old-school X-Men crossover Second Coming (cleverly designed as just a single continuous story told across 14 issues of various X-titles (with additional disposable one-shot things if you were really interested) rather than the usual hopping about and repetition of events (as plagued less-successful parallel The Siege), I find myself looking at the first issue of the next storyline before the current one is even finished.  Isn't that a bit silly?

House of Usher

Car insurance. Dweeb phones up telling me my insurance runs out soon and he's found me a cheaper quote and patches me through to a broker who thinks I have phoned up to ask for a quote rather than their sales guy phoning me up speculatively, and offers me a quote £150 more expensive than Direct Line, my current insurer. I turn it down. Later they phone me back with an improved offer, £300 cheaper, from Norwich Union. I go directly to the Norwich Union website and get myself a quote that saves me a further £50 and allows me to pay in ten instalments rather than two.

The annual premiums I was quoted ranged from £398 to £781 for near-identical products.

Insurance is a bunch of crap, and the premium is different depending on what arbitrary figure you put on the car's value and your best guess at how many miles you drive in a year. How should I know? Putting 8,000 instead of 10,000 saves me £15. Alright, I'll say 8,000 then. Flipping heck.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just got back from the Minty shoot to be told by the wife that the postie had put two 'while you were out cards' through the letterbox, whilst she and Sam were bloody well in.
Drokk it, these are Dredd items as well. Will have to wait till Monday now  :'(