Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

No. I only fall down the stairs when I do that roleplay with your mom where my head "accidentally" falls into her crotch.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

nev

Roger Godpleton

I'm Robin Askwith in "Confessions of a Freelance Solipsist".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Emp

Finding that 30 years years worth of progs stored at my parents house had been moved resulting in 300 issues being stacked spine first, resulting in them now being an "S" shape due to the weight of oall the others on top of 'em and 60 issues from around prog 300 having fallen prey to a mild case of damp!

On the plus side,during the subsequent frantic checking of the progs i did find the original script for "Death Aid" which Garth Ennis kindly gave me, so a little bit of a silver lining.

House of Usher

One of the incidental benefits of my mother's second divorce was that I had to collect all my wordly goods from the family home and lug them around a succession of rental properties for six years, thus putting responsibility for their preservation squarely on my shoulders. The divorce was something of a mixed blessing for my mother too, I might add. I haven't lost sight of that.
STRIKE !!!

SuperSurfer

I haven't posted for some time, what with being so busy. But being busy doesn't mean making much money – I am totally skint. Desperately waiting to get paid for some work I've been doing to clear the overdraft.

So I was not too pleased to receive a letter asking for supplementary service costs from the management group of the block we live in – all because some tight ****** landlord refuses to pay his service charges!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 July, 2010, 11:05:04 PM

So I was not too pleased to receive a letter asking for supplementary service costs from the management group of the block we live in – all because some tight ****** landlord refuses to pay his service charges!

Time for...BLOCK WAR.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 27 July, 2010, 12:51:43 AM
Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 24 July, 2010, 01:34:05 AM
I got my classic Doctor Who silver nemesis Cyberleader and Cyberman today and had to send them back because they were defective. but from what I did see they were very accurate and not just a re-releases of the earth shock Cybermen these ones are 100% new moulds so I can't wait till the replacements turn up thro the post.

They look amazing Cyberleader2000

you shoud see the figeres in person I will say this there new series figeres are poor but the classics are arsom.

now on to anouther problem it was such a nice day yesterday I decided to walk home insted of takeing the bus but when I got home I took off my sandles and my feet heret on clouser inspechion I have warn a lot of skin off my big toes stupid sandles.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Albion

Our gas has been cut off so we don't explode.
A few weeks ago we had a routine inspection and were told there was a slight drop in pressure but it was within safe limits and the occasional smell of gas was OK. (Sounded odd to me at the time but hey I'm no gas expert).

Today another guy came to upgrade the meter and said that there is a leak and any drop of pressure is unacceptable and is unsafe.

Salad or microwave for tea tonight then.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 July, 2010, 04:39:00 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 26 July, 2010, 03:50:39 PM

The tinfoil is scrunched up and packed really tight into the hole it was using as access.Also they dont like the feel of tinfoil against their teeth so it stops them gnawing away at it.

I did not know that, and it will come in useful at some point I am sure. I had a rat in me kitchen 20 years ago, in bedsit land. A man with an impenetrable Scottish accent came round, put poison down, said something that made no sense and came back a week later to dispose of the body. From first visit to last, I had no idea what he said at any time.

SBT

The advice about tinfoil is complete rubbish as the mouse has eaten through it.I was given the advice about tinfoil from someone else and took their word for it.

There is always someone talking rubbish and spreading disinformation.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Enigmatic Dr X

I had real problems with mice for a couple of years.

However, for the last four or so years I've used rockwool to guard against mice, with 100% results. You get it in B&Q alongside the sandpaper. It's horrible stuff - like thousands of wire filaments. This digs into mice and cuts their gums, so they eff off. Wear thick gardening gloves when you use it - and tear it into strips, then pack it in the holes.

You need to block all holes - if a mouse is used to coming to one place and finds its way blocked then it will look for other access points. As I was told: "if you found your kitchen door was blocked, you wouldn't look for another kitchen would you?"

Bear in mind, though, that you need to kill every mouse already inside. There's a stat somewhere that says for every mouse you see, there are around five others.
Lock up your spoons!

SmallBlueThing

Rog69

Apparently when my wife told me that she wanted it in frequently, she actually meant it as one word and not two  :(.

dangermouse3597

Quote from: albion83uk on 29 July, 2010, 04:36:41 PM
Our gas has been cut off so we don't explode.
A few weeks ago we had a routine inspection and were told there was a slight drop in pressure but it was within safe limits and the occasional smell of gas was OK. (Sounded odd to me at the time but hey I'm no gas expert).

Today another guy came to upgrade the meter and said that there is a leak and any drop of pressure is unacceptable and is unsafe.

Salad or microwave for tea tonight then.
If there is a smell of gas along with the pressure drop it is Immediately Dangerous and needs to be shut off but if there was a drop of less than 4 mBar with no smell that is acceptable. Well this is true in the UK, I'm a gas service engineer so know of what I speak.
Ken.