Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 02 August, 2010, 10:45:48 PM
Tonight the neighbours have gone out and a digital alarm clock was going off at full volume.Their windows were open upstairs and luckily i had a ladder available and so i was able to climb into their upstairs bedroom and turn it off which has done wonders for my stress levels.

:D

I hope you washed the fork and put it back after eating your pot noodle this time.

You are lucky your stalker who hangs out in your garden didn't see you and call the rozzers!

You do brighten my days with your unusual life Mr Wolf. I would never, ever have thought of climbing in an upstairs window to silence someone else's alarm clock. And if I had thought of it I would never have had the balls to do it!

Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Colin Zeal

I fell off a bicycle on Saturday and dislocated my shoulder. Not quite serious enough to go in the life spugs thread, but bugger me it hurts.

TordelBack

Tonight the neighbours have gone out and a digital alarm clock was going off at full volume.Their windows were open upstairs and luckily i had a ladder available and so i was able to climb into their upstairs bedroom and turn it off which has done wonders for my stress levels.

How are you with house alarms. Peter?  Like the one that's being going off for 24 hours now, and despite being about 150m away, around a corner and through double glazing is almost loud enough to drown out the homicidal voices in my head.  What's that you say Chip, fire would make the noise stop?  Yes, yes, I see.

The Legendary Shark

Some local councils require people with burglar alarms to register a keyholder with them so that unattended alarms can be shut off by a neighbour or relative. Some local police forces also require a similar arrangement, sometimes through the alarm installation company. Some schemes are voluntary, though. Might be worth a 'phone call.

Ouch, Colin. Hope you get well soon.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Minkyboy on 03 August, 2010, 10:16:34 AM

:D

I hope you washed the fork and put it back after eating your pot noodle this time.

You are lucky your stalker who hangs out in your garden didn't see you and call the rozzers!

You do brighten my days with your unusual life Mr Wolf. I would never, ever have thought of climbing in an upstairs window to silence someone else's alarm clock. And if I had thought of it I would never have had the balls to do it!

I climbed up with the intention of just closing their window or both windows as they were wide open and climbing inside to turn off the alarm clock was an afterthought.I was only in there for 30 seconds.They obviously dont realise what has happened but i thought if they did they can sue me for all i care but i could not listen to that BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP at full volume for any longer as i was starting to become stressed.

I have a set of ladders in the yard that i have borrowed from the neighbours but this is why they are always locked up as left unlocked apart from the fact if they are stolen i would have to replace them they present a security risk for others but i am glad i had them around.

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 August, 2010, 04:20:34 PM

How are you with house alarms. Peter?  Like the one that's being going off for 24 hours now, and despite being about 150m away, around a corner and through double glazing is almost loud enough to drown out the homicidal voices in my head.  What's that you say Chip, fire would make the noise stop?  Yes, yes, I see.

If it had gone on for that long i would have gone spare but again if i had a set of ladders i would climed up and removed the plastic cover of the alarm which are always removeable and disabled/silenced it.Just cut a wire inside is the easiest way.

Other than that i would have informed the police about it early on.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

I, Cosh

A recent audit has revealed I have something like 150 GNs/TPBs/collections. That's too many really, but there's still more I want to buy!
We never really die.

TordelBack

I am a complete fucking gobshite.  More of a major impediment, if I'm honest.

Mikey

You had me fooled TB - thanks for coming clean.

What's the wiggins?

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

Darren Stephens

I just had to tell some kids to piss off and play footie elsewhere...for the 3rd night running. Honestly, if your small kids are out at this time of night, your a bit of a shite parent, IMO.  :(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Garageman on 05 August, 2010, 09:43:23 PM
are you saying cheek was dinner?

That's the best bit.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 06 August, 2010, 12:49:52 AM
Who the fuck is still buying Weezer albums?

It's not me. Is it Katie Puckrik?
STRIKE !!!

LARF

TordelBack

Quote from: LARF on 06 August, 2010, 08:16:44 AM
Maybe, check her bookshelf

To paraphrase my sig, it's a fine line between pixie and goblin, and Katie Puckrik...etc.