Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Emperor on 05 September, 2010, 07:11:46 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 05 September, 2010, 07:06:09 PM
Quote from: Paul faplad Finch on 04 September, 2010, 09:55:03 PM
Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 04 September, 2010, 09:09:32 PM
well if you up to the challenage I wright a Blog talking about stuf I have bort and what I think of it.

And it's everything you'd hope it would be. Genius.

It's a thing of beauty and wonder.  Today's entry:  "Some Times Things can be more than a Cowindins"

CL2K, you are to spelling what the rainforests are (allegedely) to medicine, an unstoppable engine of creation.  Keep it up man, you have Samuel Johnson on the ropes!

And Johnson never came up with anything as good as Arsom, or at least nothing Tharg used.

I best copy wright arsom befor some one takes credit for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

House of Usher

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 05 September, 2010, 07:17:03 PM
I best copy wright arsom befor some one takes credit for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might be better off trademarking it. I've had expert legal advice on the subject.  ;)
STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

I forgot to add: my copy of Prog 1701 was shredded before it got put in the envelope. They must know who I am! It appears I got the top copy off the printer's bundle, or something. I will contact delightful Denise and ask for a replacement copy.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 13 August, 2010, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 August, 2010, 09:53:11 AM
Another example is Aspartame.

I dont even know with absolute certainty that the tap water here doesnt contain Fluoride and god knows how many other toxic substances.

I don't trust aspartame. I never knowingly eat or drink anything containing aspartame, saccharine or acesulfame potassium, because I don't know what the the health effects are or any of them. At least with sugar I know it can cause tooth decay, diabetes and coronary heart disease. The answer to that is to try to minimise your consumption of sugar rather than to add chemicals into your diet. I still eat too much sugar, but I don't add it to tea or coffee or sprinkle it on my cereal, and I generally halve the amount specified in recipes, such as when baking cakes.

If you are worried about fluoride in your water supply, it should be relatively easy to find out from your water company or Health Trust if fluoride is deliberately added. To the best of my knowledge they don't add fluoride to the water supply in East Sussex.

Edit: The British Dental Health Foundation says it's only added to water in the west Midlands and the north east.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 08 September, 2010, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 13 August, 2010, 11:14:25 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 11 August, 2010, 09:53:11 AM
Another example is Aspartame.

I dont even know with absolute certainty that the tap water here doesnt contain Fluoride and god knows how many other toxic substances.

I don't trust aspartame. I never knowingly eat or drink anything containing aspartame, saccharine or acesulfame potassium, because I don't know what the the health effects are or any of them. At least with sugar I know it can cause tooth decay, diabetes and coronary heart disease. The answer to that is to try to minimise your consumption of sugar rather than to add chemicals into your diet. I still eat too much sugar, but I don't add it to tea or coffee or sprinkle it on my cereal, and I generally halve the amount specified in recipes, such as when baking cakes.

If you are worried about fluoride in your water supply, it should be relatively easy to find out from your water company or Health Trust if fluoride is deliberately added. To the best of my knowledge they don't add fluoride to the water supply in East Sussex.

Edit: The British Dental Health Foundation says it's only added to water in the west Midlands and the north east.

Not sure what happened then but to update i havent touched a drop of any canned soft drink that contains HFCS since i posted that comment and i feel so much better for it as i feel cleaner inside and healthier and brighter and the creeping persistant lethargy that i had where i just didnt feel right has all gone.I felt like i shouldnt have been drinking it anyway.

I have only been drinking the non HFCS drinks since then.

The tiredness could have been due to the HFCS playing havoc with blood sugar levels so i might have had very mild diabetes for all i know.

I was reading the ingredients to a box of chewing gum the other day and it was the type that is the black cardboard box thats called "Blue" something or other and it was unbelievable because it listed 5 different kinds of artificial sweetener in it !!

Aspartame - Acesulfame - and i forget the rest but the boxes should have health warnings on them because chewing that is like slowly poisoning yourself as its absorbed straight through the tongue like licking Amphetamines . :sick:
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Banners

Lots of people are on about this new Google logo but I can't bloomin' see it.

M@

Rog69

My one year old daughter just decided to throw our entire stock of toilet paper into the bath as my wife was running it for her.

mogzilla

vzzbux

Quote from: Rog69 on 08 September, 2010, 06:22:48 PM
My one year old daughter just decided to throw our entire stock of toilet paper into the bath as my wife was running it for her.

:lol: . Just wait until the toilet starts getting blocked up with Toilet Rolls. >:D

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Dandontdare

Trying to type in a French hotel, but their keyboqrds qre all in the wrong order. And they're about to kick me off the machine anywqy!

vzzbux

Why do the French have to be different all the time?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Rog69

My wife commented tonight on the butterfly that was drawn on my four year old daughter's magnetic drawing pad, saying how good she is getting and that you can actually tell what it is that she is trying to draw most of the time now.

I drew the bloody thing  :-[.

House of Usher

I've worked 50 hours this week for minimum wage and, stranded at the depot for three hours, getting paid for it, with tea but nothing to eat, I had a mini blackout with dizziness, deafness and incomprehension. I was right as rain again after a bit of a sit down on my lift home. I've another shift tomorrow starting at 6.30am.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

But you have a strong work ethic House of Usher and that is something to be proud of.

House of Usher

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 10 September, 2010, 11:00:25 PM
But you have a strong work ethic House of Usher and that is something to be proud of.

And at least I'm not driving!  :lol:

Next week is going to be a cakewalk by comparison. Fixed hours (40, max.), and sorting not delivering. No travelling or waiting involved either.
STRIKE !!!