Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Once again, my house is jammed with semi nude ladies and im on 'nipple spotting duty', after spending the morning stapling black cloth to the walls and ceiling of my dining room.
This time though, i got paid. Well, i got a cd. That i bought myself. To say 'well done'.
Sigh.
SBT

Dandontdare

I'll do it for nothing! I'll pay my own train fare and bring my own sandwiches as well.

SmallBlueThing

Currently, there's a large-breasted girl in black pvc and fishnets swinging a whip around, and my fuses keep blowing.
That isnt a euphemism, by the way.
SBT

uncle fester

Sorry, what part of this story is a minor impediment again? I ask, as I think I can hear your smile from here :)

SmallBlueThing

The stapling, the invasion of my house, the fact that ive got all this going on and my wife is here too, which means i am not allowed to howl at the moon and run around in priaptic glee like a randy, naked oliver reed in the outakes from curse of the werewolf after he'd had a few.
SBT

Kerrin

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 24 September, 2010, 01:05:27 PM
i am not allowed to howl at the moon and run around in priaptic glee like a randy, naked oliver reed in the outakes from curse of the werewolf after he'd had a few.

Do it anyway!

staticgirl

I have left my library books on the train. I assume that if they aren't found I shall have to pay for them. Gah.

Banners

When I ask what size posters you want, please don't reply "one large and one medium"...(!)

M@

Rog69

I had my monthly overtime claim rejected yesterday by my boss, 29 hours at 1.5 time re-calculated to 3 hours instead.

He basically interpreted the overtime rules so that he could do me out of 1.5 hours overtime every day and told me to take it to HR if I think he's wrong, taking time to remind me that we are overstaffed at the moment, the Prick.

To make matters worse I got stuck in a meeting and didn't finish the half an hour early that I should do on Friday and then hit heavy traffic on my way home (while bursting for the loo) which resulted in me now needing to put an overtime claim in for 1.5 hours for today, so now he'll think I'm taking the piss.

SmallBlueThing

After a morning spent buying cheap star wars figures in a shop nearby, with the boys, i left them playing the ps2, and indulged in an hour of sorting out their boxes of action figures and associated bits and bobs.
That done, i arranged a brilliant diorama on youngest's chest of drawers: a rancor looming over a pack of daleks, while some more daleks invade a haunted house, and a group of cybermen prepare to burst through its doors.
Great, i think- that's fab. He'll love that.
No, apparently not. All swept onto the floor by a super stroppy child, who is even now filling my lounge with figures that i have explicit instructions not to touch.
Bah.
SBT

mogzilla

Quote from: uncle fester on 24 September, 2010, 12:59:36 PM
Sorry, what part of this story is a minor impediment again? I ask, as I think I can hear your smile from here :)

his camera is broken so he cant post evidence. >:(

SmallBlueThing

Re: broken camera. Nah, but there was so much stuff going on, i didnt get time to take pics. However, im sure that like the last lot they'll turn up on fb or my wife's website (www.domino-burlesk.webs.com) in a week or so.
SBT

Peter Wolf

I have fallen out with someone i know who lives just around the corner from here and i have to keep avoiding this individual.He doesnt realise this but everytime i see him i dont say anything as i havent told him straight what i think and the whole thing is a pain.

I dont like being used as that was what was happening ALL the time and the final straw was when i did him a favour by obtaining something that i wont name because he was unable to source anything himself and i didnt even get a thank you for my efforts not to mention a certain amount of risk involved on the part of myself.

I should really say what i think when the opportunity arises just to end the whole thing as its just a nuisance that i have to keep dodging someone.

I have zero tolerance for being used as it has happened far too much in my life and my genorosity has been abused far too much in the past and iu cant tolerate it anymore and the way i see it if someone is causing you vexation of any kind and its a repeating pattern then get rid of them as life is too short and i dont have the patience for it anymore.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Sometimes just a simple 'thanks' really helps Peter and I think this goes for most of us in our chosen careers. It's not hard to say but to receive it can make all the difference.

I, Cosh

I went to the monthly film quiz at the GFT tonight and they had a quotes round plucked exclusively from eighties sci-fi films (a subgenre which makes up about 60% of my meagre DVD collection) and I still got two wrong.

See how you do:

- Why are things so heavy in the future?

- I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.
We never really die.