Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

William Fichtner, Gary Cole and Kevin Sorbo, I've called you in here because you all look the same and it's getting too confusing. Two of you are going to have reconstructive surgery paid for by me and I'm sorry Billy, but if you ever choose to have this procedure you will have to pay for it yourself.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

A.Cow

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 25 December, 2011, 06:40:32 PM
William Fichtner, Gary Cole and Kevin Sorbo, I've called you in here because you all look the same and it's getting too confusing.

Apparently Barry Foster (of Van Der Valk fame) used to actually get acting jobs because people thought he was Jon Pertwee, due to their remarkable visual similarity.

TordelBack

Cooking Christmas Dinner on Stephen's Day for the in-laws.  Stephen's Day (Boxing Day to you servant-botherers) is for playing with the kids' loot and eating leftovers.  I love having in-laws, and mine are relatively inoffensive, but I do wish they'd come on Christmas Day when I'm in a turkey-roasting humour, and didn't yet have a Rebel Fleet Trooper I was itching to open. 

Noisybast

I got my long-coveted copy of Skyrim, but I can't install it because my girlfriend killed my DVD drive trying to burn a copy of a Michael Bloody Boob-a-lay album!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Banners

Noisybast

Did consider that, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Admittedly, I didn't spend very long looking...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Rog69

Quote from: Noisybast on 27 December, 2011, 02:20:03 PM
Did consider that, but wasn't sure how to go about it. Admittedly, I didn't spend very long looking...

It's pretty straightforward, here's a link to the Steam support page that guides you through it.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352

SmallBlueThing

Ive been on holiday for eight days, and on six of those days (all bar xmas day and boxing day), my work has seen fit to either phone or text me with questions or requests. Most notably, on xmas eve, when they asked me to go in to make a phone call and then became annoyed when i refused. As a result of this, my holiday has been less than relaxing and my body has collapsed- ive come out in a rash and cant seem to keep awake. Ive half a mind to go see the doctor and get signed off for a week, as at this rate when i go back to work in a few days im going to keel over and die.

SBT

staticgirl

Do they give you a work mobile? Sounds like you should have one which you can switch off and then block them on your home phones. Or raise a grievance when you get back.

The Legendary Shark

Send the buggers an invoice - £25 for every out of hours phone call you're invited to deal with. When you're at work, you abide by their rules - when you're at home, they abide by your rules.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Devons Daddy

i got called to the office on the day my holiday was about to begin, i was leaving at 3pm,was called in at 1pm.for 12 days off,
back to the UK for christmas, the WxxxkXR in charge, informed me i was to have my contract terminated.

It was a spiteful attempt to ruin my holiday. which it did not, but the fact remains, he gained nothing from action, he could have awaited my return to inform me.

I may be posting in LIFE IS DROKKING FANTASTIC soon, I hope to at least.  got a good follow up next week, with a potential post.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

That's a bummer DD - hope the new post works out.

I'm hacked off 'cos everybody I know seems to be getting unexpected cheques from the taxman. These are refunds from some computer glitch dating back to 2007 and before - my friend at work got £780, my flatmate got £1100 and another friend got three drokkin grand. I want some free money!

SpetsnaZ99

I got a letter from taxman. apparently i didnt pay enough therefore owe them £250
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Dandontdare

well,  at least that makes me feel better!  ;)

Apparently about 6 million people got rebates averaging £400, while a million got bills averaging £600. HMRC - more of a gamble than the national lottery!

Rog69

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 30 December, 2011, 08:45:51 AM
I got a letter from taxman. apparently i didnt pay enough therefore owe them £250

The exact same thing happened to me about 3 months ago and when I chased them up for an explanation it turned out that they owed me about £1200. Fingers crossed they've made the same error with you.