vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

A couple of times in recent years (once in 2008, and again last year) I've had what I assumed to be the bona fide flu - all the usual cold symptons plus extreme fatigue leading to being practically bedridden for a week, all over muscle pains, light fever (especially at night where I was plagued by psychedelic nightmares to the point where I didn't want to sleep), not to mention nausea, migraines, loss of appetite and a truly epic case of the shits.

But when at the time I told people I had the flu, almost everyone - not least my work colleagues - responded with a roll of the eyes. I think 'flu' has become such an overused and misappropriated term that people just assume you have a heavy cold, being a baby about it and skiving off work. It's extremely irritating.

ICONIC_TM

I get mine for Alpha Group reasons, No point in me being sick,
But lets not get in to that just now.

ICONIC_TM

Influenza Inoculation ! Does that sound better?  :lol:

von Boom

Gonk

....got those sinus cold blues... I got those sinus cold blues.. I got..
coming at a cinema near you soon

A.Cow

Quote from: wonkychop on 23 January, 2012, 02:48:11 PM
....got those sinus cold blues... I got those sinus cold blues.. I got..

Personally, I've got those can't-get-enough-of-them Blue Riband blues.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Mardroid

This week is enrolment week at the college where I work as an administrator. While I have enrolled individuals before, it's one of the aspects of the job I'm not all that comfortable with particularly as there will be new aspects, and I might be alone tomorrow! (I didn't have experience with it today as my working week starts Tuesday. One perk - long weekends and another break on Wednesday.)

One of the ladies who is usually off today told me she'd try to come in for 2-3 hours, but that's not certain at all.

Of course I'm probably fussing over nothing and there might not be that many people at all. (We have an entire week of enrolment when students pretty much turn up when they want.)

Don't mind me I can be a bit of a worrier over silly things*. (That's 'worrier' not 'warrior'.) I'd much rather have a job where I'm just given something to do in a corner somewhere away from students/customers.

I know. I'm a big girl's blouse, and often things turn out not to be as bad as I think they'll be. Mind you, sometimes they're worse.

*Like if I do things wrong, what does it matter? Learn and do it right next time.

The Legendary Shark

For reasons too boring to mention, I had to telephone my bank to order a statement (I know, I know - even I have a bank account).

All the usual questions - name, address, numbers etc., etc. The guy on the other end then said he'd have to ask me some security questions. He asked me two questions and then the following conversation ensued:

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you today."
"Eh? Why not? Did I get the answers wrong?"
"No, but you've only answered two security questions."
"You only asked me two."
"I know, but you need to answer four."
"Then ask me two more."
"I only have the two I already asked you."

Thus began a frustrating circular argument which led to me demanding to speak to his supervisor - which followed much the same pattern - and then demanding to speak to the next supervisor up.

Tempers freyed but eventually we agreed to agree that it was the bank's fault for not asking me enough questions when I first signed up for the account. All was ultimately resolved and I got my statement (which I resolutely and successfully achieved without having to pay for it) but Jovus wept. Anybody would think they read my posts in the "Truth?" thread...

Um...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ICONIC_TM

Satanist

The website I frequent when I am supposed to be working appears to have had a sudden infestation of complete bellends that need to post in every single thread.

Ho-hum.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: The Satanist on 24 January, 2012, 04:32:04 PM
The website I frequent when I am supposed to be working appears to have had a sudden infestation of complete bellends that need to post in every single thread.

Ho-hum.

I think you meant to say Bellend Flares, or perhaps Bell Bottoms as they used to be called in the seventies
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ICONIC_TM