Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

DVD drive on my PC appears to have stopped working.

The PC appears to recognise the drive exists but the drive itself doesn't seem to read any CD, DVD or whatever I put in it.

Still, the PC isless than a year old (just) so I should get PC World to fix it under warranty.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh, and all those people that I'm having to add to my ignore file.  It's getting crowded in there.

vzzbux

If you ignore folk do they still see your posts?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

You also still see that they have made a post which has always made it rather pointless for me as I can't resist looking to see what they've said now.
We never really die.

SmallBlueThing

Plus, the ignore function doesnt work on the mobile web version of the site, so if you use that to access it via your phone at all (like i do 99% of the time), you see all the posts anyway.

But yeah, the amosphere is changing in here. Id suggest using the report button a lot- sadly, you cant do that on the mobile version either.

SBT

Definitely Not Mister Pops

How do you ignore someone? I fear I'm being thick and blind
You may quote me on that.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

It's been many a long year since the ignore button beckoned, but I'm sorely tempted at the moment.  Reporting is all very well, but other than incessant pointless swearing and relentless knobbery, there's not much actionable going on.

Tiplodocus

Quote"other than incessant pointless swearing and relentless knobbery, there's not much actionable going on"

Yes, that was my thinking.  We can't really report someone for being annoying. So rather than report swearing (which can be a grey area anyway), I thought I'd ask the person doing it to cut it back.  That went well.

Everybody annoying is in my ignore file now so as long as I can resist the "Show me this post" button (which let's face it is quite easy once you realise there is never anything of value hidden), I shall be OK.

If you are reading this and proud that you've annoyed people, I suggest you take a good look at yourself and your behaviour and, maybe, I dunno, grow up.

If I see something dubious when someone quotes these muppets, I'll politely request they cut it out as well.

It's not a perfect solution but it works for me.

But I am miffed that they've tainted the purity of the COSPLAY and UNDERWARE(sic) threads.

SpetsnaZ99

If you add someone to your ignore list, and then someone else quotes them in a post, do you see the quote or is also ignored?
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Emperor

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 February, 2012, 01:09:44 PM
Quote"other than incessant pointless swearing and relentless knobbery, there's not much actionable going on"

Yes, that was my thinking.  We can't really report someone for being annoying. So rather than report swearing (which can be a grey area anyway), I thought I'd ask the person doing it to cut it back.  That went well.

We are aware of it and have asked him to tone it down. We've also removed a few posts. Just reporting general posts at this stage would be a waste of everyone's time but if there is something offensive that might need removing then feel free to flag it up.

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 February, 2012, 01:09:44 PMBut I am miffed that they've tainted the purity of the COSPLAY and UNDERWARE(sic) threads.

There is only one solution get your head down and keep your pecker up, the threads will soon get through this damp patch.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+