Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Just got a spot of ink on my shirt front at work and no tie to cover it. I look like an almight plank. (Well at least more so).

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 18 October, 2012, 02:40:36 PM
Just got a spot of ink on my shirt front at work and no tie to cover it. I look like an almight plank. (Well at least more so).
Shouldn't have let Lee wank on it.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 October, 2012, 02:58:10 PM
Just got a spot of ink on my shirt front at work and no tie to cover it.

I'm not wearing a tie either - at first I thought this was because I'm working from home. Now I know who to really blame. Where can I send Lee my bill?
@jamesfeistdraws

von Boom

Dandontdare

A.Cow

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 October, 2012, 03:44:47 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 18 October, 2012, 02:58:10 PM
Just got a spot of ink on my shirt front at work and no tie to cover it.
I'm not wearing a tie either - at first I thought this was because I'm working from home. Now I know who to really blame. Where can I send Lee my bill?

Careful now!  If he pays up then, legally, you become his pimp.

It's, like, part of the Geneva Convention or something, man.

radiator

Since this thread has become my stand-in for the old 'pet hates' thread, I just wanted to have a rant about people who use Twitter hashtags - specifically meaningless, colloquial or 'jokey' hashtags. And doubly so if you're using them on facebook, or worse still, real conversations.

Quite simply, it makes you look like a smug arsehole (the same way using 'lol' excessively makes you look like a dimwitted teenager), and if an observation isn't clever or funny, putting a #infrontandwritingallthewordswithnospacesbetweenthem doesn't somehow elevate it into being so.

Tombo

Quote from: radiator on 16 October, 2012, 04:50:37 PM
I am going to track down and strangle whoever it was that invented hold music.

When I phone store support from work I am "treated" to one of three options regarding music:-

1 - A slightly tinny (but still pleasant) CD of classical music,
2 - An operatic version of "Flying without wings", or
3 - Something that sound like it was done by a child on a Rolf Harris Stylophone

This does not improve my customer service skills one bit

Trout

Quote from: radiator on 19 October, 2012, 03:28:51 PM
Since this thread has become my stand-in for the old 'pet hates' thread, I just wanted to have a rant about people who use Twitter hashtags - specifically meaningless, colloquial or 'jokey' hashtags. And doubly so if you're using them on facebook, or worse still, real conversations.

Quite simply, it makes you look like a smug arsehole (the same way using 'lol' excessively makes you look like a dimwitted teenager), and if an observation isn't clever or funny, putting a #infrontandwritingallthewordswithnospacesbetweenthem doesn't somehow elevate it into being so.

#firstworldproblems

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: radiator on 19 October, 2012, 03:28:51 PM
...I just wanted to have a rant about people who use Twitter hashtags - specifically meaningless, colloquial or 'jokey' hashtags. And doubly so if you're using them on facebook, or worse still, real conversations.

Is THAT what those are?!?! Been wondering for ages who started this trend of glib little remarks preceeded by # symbols but they suddenly seemed so bloody ubiquitous I didn't like to ask.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

I also find the phrase 'first world problems' to be smug and a little patronising too.

Trout

Quote from: radiator on 19 October, 2012, 04:36:29 PM
I also find the phrase 'first world problems' to be smug and a little patronising too.

There, there. There, there.  :D

HdE

Bloody buggering hell!

Woke up this morning to find both my knees had swollen up like grapefruit - and with the same slightly-squishy-to-the-touch consistency.

Bit concerned, as this is accompanied by a dull ache, and it puts me in mind of the swollen-leg problem I had back in May. Actually starting to think this could be a bit serious now. Although, that said, my knees have deflated a fair bit as the day has worn on.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

TordelBack

Quote from: HdE on 24 October, 2012, 12:36:13 PM
Woke up this morning to find both my knees had swollen up like grapefruit - and with the same slightly-squishy-to-the-touch consistency.

Mind yourself there, HdE - IaNaDr, but sounds akin to the symptoms of thiamine deficiency (aka Beriberi), which is very unlikely unless you like the sauce a lot too much.  However if I'm remembering correctly, the swollen-leg symptom is linked to the cardiovascular effects of thiamine deficiency, so for goodness sakes get it checked out in case it's a similar type of problem from a different cause.

HdE

Am one-hundred percent on that. Doctor's appointment tomorrow.

Weirdly, though, both knees have now deflated to (almost) normal size, and there's no pain whatsoever.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/