Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staticgirl

Hawkmumbler

Thanks to everyone who wished me well, arms getting along dandy if a bit sore.
My exam on the other hand....feck is the most colloquial I can phrase. Ever made a really big mistake that you don't realise until the last moment? Yeah, that kinda mistake.

Something Fishy

Very sorry to hear about your worries and Troubles Tordels.  I really hope it all works out and you guys can get back on your feet.

TordelBack

Cheers, Fishy, although as noted these are indeed very minor impediments.

By way of an update, for those still conscious, today we finally got to speak to a human (or Turing-compliant facsimile) from our branch.  Who told us that our mortgage contact person had in fact taken early retirement, and they couldn't find any of our paperwork or correspondence, or any reference to the several meetings we'd had with her or pending appeals or payment  proposals or any of that stuff that we had sweated blood over.  Furthermore, they had never heard of our debt-collector friend or his company, and advised that we ignore him completely.  Which we had of course been doing. 

Of course I fully expect all this to be reversed in a matter of days when the left hand eventually has a chat with the right hand, and discovers that this is all some automated process from head office, but I'm pretty happy that this kind of FULLY DOCUMENTED FROM OUR END IN THE WAY ONLY AN ANAL RETENTIVE PARANOID FREAK CAN cock-up can only work in our favour in any future dealings, or grud forbid, court proceedings.  Certainly takes a bit of pressure off anyway.

Trout

Christ, man. It's like Terry Gilliam's Brazil. You poor sod! :-\

Something Fishy

Good lord, it sounds like a shambles of a business.

So lucky to have escaped all that.  I know how fortunate we are that's for sure.

You have a good. Head on your shoulders Tordels.  I think it's more than a small impediment and it speaks volumes for you that you can take it on your stride.  Really hope you sort it all out.

As for me, been pretty poorly since the end of last year and had big struggles , related to the white cell flaw my dear daddy passed to me, but on a plus note it seems To be settling again for now.

staticgirl

I am sorry to read that Fishy, I hope your health improves.

HdE

I was told today that the issue with the MASSIVE water bills we all received here has taken a new and unpleasant twist.

We'd queried with the agency that, as far as we were aware, water rates were inclusive in our rent. We were told 'okay, fair play.'

Yesterday, we received a snotty letter from the agency telling us my grandma is in the clear, but our contract has apparently been 'deliberately re-worded so as to indicate that you are responsible for paying all water rates.'

One problem: we have a copy of our contract, and NO IT BLOODY WELL HAS NOT.

So, looks like we face the prospect of a drawn out wrangle with the agency. Either that, or the pay for the last four comics I've lettered gets ploughed into it... and then we get a nice shiny water meter into the bargain.

Nice.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

von Boom

I feel your pain HdE. Hope it works out in the end for you and your gran.

TordelBack

Quote from: HdE on 23 May, 2013, 10:31:38 PM...but our contract has apparently been 'deliberately re-worded so as to indicate that you are responsible for paying all water rates.'

One problem: we have a copy of our contract, and NO IT BLOODY WELL HAS NOT.

Mind-numbing.  All people, everywhere, should be shot immediately, present company excepted.

Trout

Tordel, please don't post on this thread unless it's an update. When I saw your name as last poster, I thought: "Oh crap. What NOW?"

I thought some men had turned up at your door to remove your internal organs.

TordelBack

I like to keep you on your ventral fins, oh Trout.  Not every episode of Tordenders features someone getting pushed into Phil's inspection pit.  That's mainly the Christmas specials.

HdE

Quote from: von Boom on 24 May, 2013, 12:27:16 PM
I feel your pain HdE. Hope it works out in the end for you and your gran.

Cheers, m'duck. As things presently stand, my gran's in the clear. We just have the wrangle over our own contract to endure.

Still at least we don't have the enormous amount of cash that was originally quoted hanging over our heads now.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Hawkmumbler

WTF is this agency's game?  :-*
Hope all's sorted out soon hde, sounds like a right pain in the arse.

michael kennedy

spent hours attempting to set up wordpress.org yesterday (they claim it can take five minutes)

missed 'would i lie to you' and 'have i got news for you'

caught the graham norton show though