Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Jaysus, Hawk! That's just awful. Hope you and yours will be okay. All the best to ye.

The Legendary Shark

That's one crappy day Hawkie. On the plus side, though your stuff was expensive it is only stuff - the world's full of it. So long as everyone's all right, that's the main thing.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

What Sharkie said Hawk. Stuff is only stuff. Very happy to hear everyone is alright. Still shitty though.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

Thank you guys. And yess, i'm hugely grateful it was just a robbery. As it is, two bikes and a bunch of tools can be replaced, but if anything had happened to my siblings (I trust my parents and myself are capable of looking after ourselfs if worst case scenario occures) I would have been incredibly angry.

Indeed, forensics indicated my brother might have been in the same room as one of the robbers as they hid. It's a sickening thought, but luckely he's none the wiser.

Banners

Scary stuff - a horrid thing to happen. Hope you're all doing okay.

A.Cow

Bugger.  Just as I thought we were getting on OK after a turbulent period, the wife & I have agreed to separate after 16 years of marriage.  Amicable but still a bit of a bummer.

The Legendary Shark

Sorry to hear that, AC, after so long that's very sad.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Sorry to hear that AC. Must have been a very difficult decision. All the best.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Sorry for your troubles, AC.  Can't imagine how difficult that must be.

Something Fishy

A.Cow

Sincere thanks for the kind comments.  We've managed to keep things amicable, which is a positive.

The Legendary Shark

No paid work for a week now - so the advantage from those nice little earners a couple of weeks ago, which was going to go into a jaunt to Thought Bubble, has evaporated. A gentle reminder that my tenancy of the boat is only temporary. Something wrong with the dog - shivering, not eating, drinking a lot. After the initial investigating officer looking into my allegations of perjury thought I had a good point, his Higher Ups have decided there's nothing to see and so that's that. On top of that, I recently realised why it is that I've never really been able to love anyone, which kinda' made most of the last thirty five years seem like a whole bunch of wasted time.
Half-way through writing a nine part script - been preparing it and planning it for months, got the plot, character development, visual and desire lines, ghosts and needs, plot points, motifs, resonances, counterpoints and page breakdowns all planned out so all that remains is to write the actual script and put the dialogue in. There's too much dialogue at the moment but this is only the first draft and it'll be cropped and refined in the second. And the whole thing's going really well - storming through it. Then I start thinking about all this other crap and it breaks my flow. Stalls me. Steals my focus.
I can feel the Black Dog sniffing at my crotch and getting ready to jump up at me. I'm trying to bring the God damned thing to heel but it's bloody persistent and I'm bloody tired.
Bloody minor impediments everywhere I look. Still - chin up, eh?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]