Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Main internet is down in the Mardroid refuelling station. Thank goodness for my built in data implant* although that keeps disconnecting too.

I just hope its sorted by Christmas. My creator** called the phone/broadband company earlier so at least they should be sorting things.

Speaking of going in to work, I'm supposed to be on Christmas holiday this week. (And the next two. One of the perks of being an administration-bot for a college. Downside: you have to take time off, but you have to use up allotted holiday if you wish to he paid for it. Holiday you might have wished to use elsewhere.) Late this afternoon I get an email from boss asking if I'm at my desk...

He sent it around 10:30, although I didn't get it until around 4pm. (My shaky phone internet, I guess. It's been very windy today so I wonder if something broke somewhere....)

I did wonder as a colleague sent out a couple of Google Calendar appointments Friday and included me in it. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be there or she was just keeping me abbridged of the situation. It wasn't something I was really needed for I don't think so I decided to interpret it as the latter unless I got a direct message or call which never arrived. On time, anyway.

Not as annoying as Sharky's work issues. That's a great big pain in the botty.

*Strictly its built into my mobile phone but it's fun playing with the 'I am a robot' analogy.

** Otherwise known as 'Dad'. 'Co-creator' might be more accurate as he had a female partner involved....

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps. A little later, a third call came for me to go to Goldthorpe - this one stuck. However, I went over my hours due to horrid traffic on the M62 and couldn't make my next pick-up. It's only a few minutes but I'm going to get a massive bollocking for it.
#can't_effing_win.com
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

Ah well, in a hundred years, who's gonna' care? Home in one piece, that's the main thing :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 December, 2015, 09:32:04 PM
Ah well, in a hundred years, who's gonna' care? Home in one piece, that's the main thing :)

Haha.  That is such a good spirit mate.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps. The way I look at it, I can be miserable or happy - the choice is mine, so why choose misery?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 December, 2015, 10:11:14 PM
Thanks, chaps. The way I look at it, I can be miserable or happy - the choice is mine, so why choose misery?

A wise shark indeed.

Something Fishy

The Legendary Shark

Great start to Boxing Day. Currently sitting in a broken down truck at the top of Parbold Hill in the pissing rain.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus.  How did you manage that?  Me, I'm sleeping in my Dad's boat, stationed in his front driveway because the family home is full up.  Not actually any kind of impediment; it's actually warm and comfortable with a rudimentary toilet and even a gas stove; on which I'm about to make coffee.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Sounds good, JBC. I'm wet through, cold, hungry and waiting for a tow truck. Two drivers have so far had a go at me in a "what the f*ck did you park there for, you dick-head" kind of way.
Sense of humour levels now at 80% and falling...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Feck man, that's crap. When did you get out of there? Assuming you did?

The Legendary Shark

Finally got back to the yard about half three. Breakdown truck had to go all 'round the houses due to flooded roads. Never seen it so bad around here; the local canal's all over the tow path and the river's in a field. Nice and snug in my shed now, though :)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Most of Lancashire is not Atlancashire ('groan'), me and the family are putting up for friends from Radcliffe who got turfed out due to an overflowing embankment. Prity miserable time of year for it to happen, but it's nice to be able to talk to someone thats not family this christmas and they're a lovely bunch.