Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 April, 2016, 05:23:25 PM
I just bought a new mini-speaker for my ipod/phone. It's a Jam Replay <insert crap jam-based vegetable pun  here>

I'm sorry but that's the preserve of others Damsondontdare.

The Legendary Shark

We've Only Started punning again, It's Too Bad that The Modern World has 100 Ways of Running on the Spot. If you're going to be a Billy Hunt and carry on with this Bitterest Pill again, Don't Tell 'em You're Sane because it's a Dead End Street and I won't be Joining in because Every Little Bit Hurts and I've  Changed My Address and will be Going Underground until you Get Yourself Together and Scrape Away this Pop Art Poem.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Here's a minor impediment... I am allergic to monosodium glutamate. I have known this for a while and try my best to avoid anything containing it. If I don't, I will normally end up with scintillating scotoma, which is unpleasant but usually passes within half an hour.

Thing is, in spite of hundreds of thousands of people reporting the same symptoms along with other migraine related stuff when they consume msg, some, (but not all), scientific studies have failed to show a link. This means you'll get articles popping up every now and again saying how there's definitely no such thing as msg allergy, closely followed by loads of comments from people saying there definitely is, followed by comments from other people calling the sufferers idiots, (or more unpleasant names), because 'science'.

Now, if there really isn't such a thing as an allergy to msg and it's all based around false equivalency, then I must surely have psychic powers, because I also get the weird visual anomalies when I've inadvertently eaten the stuff after not previously noticing it hidden away in the ingredients under a yeast-based pseudonym, like in that packet of Walkers prawn cocktail crisps I ate on an empty stomach earlier.

Banners

Should probably have checked this before doing lots of good work for the guy who owns this company, and who is now refusing to pay on entirely spurious grounds...

Dammit.

Dandontdare

Banners

In addition to the above company which is still trading despite judgements against it totalling £14k, this guy had one company which went bust in 2009 owing £40k, and another which went bust in 2010 owing £91k—and Companies House reveals a litany of other dormant and dissolved companies he's had, along with lots of company name changes and documents about things I can't decipher. Once of his creditors was Vodafone, so if they couldn't get money out of him, I doubt I can.

~sigh~

Sometimes I wish I was Judge Dredd so I could just go and kick some ass—or perhaps Maitland would be more apt in this instance.

Professor Bear

You can try bluffing the welsher guy by telling him that you've given your work to another company and they've paid for it, so if he uses any of your work, the other company will have him arrested for fraudulently trying to pass himself off as them/their company.
Or if you can find a Northern Irishman not currently in jail, ask him politely to retrieve the money you're owed in exchange for a percentage.  What happens after this, you are not legally culpable for.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Professor Wolfgang Von Bear on 17 April, 2016, 01:58:25 PM

Or if you can find a Northern Irishman not currently in jail, ask him politely to retrieve the money you're owed in exchange for a percentage.  What happens after this, you are not legally culpable for.

I think you might be.

"So, Mr Banners, when you hired Seamus 'Bone-Saw' O'Reilly, a known violent felon, to recover the money owed - what did you think was going to happen?"

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

Banners would be fine - Bonesaw is the MP for Armagh these days.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Wolfgang Von Bear on 17 April, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
Banners would be fine - Bonesaw is the MP for Armagh these days.
Still a more honest MP than the competition...

ZenArcade

Yep, they wouldn't let him stand for election in Tyrone, he's too soft. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty

So start of last week in my job and Newcastle before moving to London this Saturday!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Goaty on 18 April, 2016, 09:38:51 AM
So start of last week in my job and Newcastle before moving to London this Saturday!
God speed, Goaty and good luck chum!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]