Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

Not yet! It's a full bleed page with laminate speech bubbles, so I'm not really sure what I want to do with it with it. I should just get it up and be happy but the indecision is strong here! I think it looks nicer without the laminate...

I haven't got that Henry Flint page framed yet either.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 07 May, 2024, 01:22:54 PMNot yet! It's a full bleed page with laminate speech bubbles, so I'm not really sure what I want to do with it with it. I should just get it up and be happy but the indecision is strong here! I think it looks nicer without the laminate...

I haven't got that Henry Flint page framed yet either.
Do it in a batch with the new Carlos one you are about to win 😉
The framer might give you discount 😄
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

I'm digging this encouragement.

Barrington Boots

I was comprehensively outbid on this!
The dream lives on..

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 13 May, 2024, 03:03:04 PMI was comprehensively outbid on this!
The dream lives on..
What did it eventually go for?

Barrington Boots

Just shy of £1400 for the page I was bidding on, I think.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 13 May, 2024, 03:07:26 PMJust shy of £1400 for the page I was bidding on, I think.
Wow! Us mere mortals can't afford that much "spare" cash

Barrington Boots

Barrington Boots

I'd hoped to have this framed and done ahead of Lawless but my framing dude has had to have his toe amputated(!!!) - but here's a magnificent Simon Fraser Hershey page with a glorious cityscape, fed up chief judges and my name on a badge to boot. The colour looks great IRL and this will look badass on my wall, eventually.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 20 May, 2024, 10:00:46 AMI'd hoped to have this framed and done ahead of Lawless but my framing dude has had to have his toe amputated(!!!) - but here's a magnificent Simon Fraser Hershey page with a glorious cityscape, fed up chief judges and my name on a badge to boot. The colour looks great IRL and this will look badass on my wall, eventually.

Great page - are you bringing your wallet to lawless 😂😂

Colin YNWA

Been out the original art market for a wee while now, but Lawless put pay to that. Managed to resist the temptation of more Simon Fraser, PJ Holden and Dan Cornwell. I fought off getting a first Keith Burns but then...

...and I broke. Deeply happy to have a Simon Davis piece in my collection and while I still will get a Sinister Dexter one day this is just so amazing... mind I happen to know others on the formum have even better Thistlebone pieces to show off at some point in their households if not theirs!

Colin YNWA

Same piece less obnoxiously big (sorry about that!) and with the lettering placement overlay down. I got a logo!

Colin YNWA

Final Lawless pick up isn't actually 2000ad art but is adjacent as its from our own Conor Boyle and what can I say I'm a big Twin Peaks fan - so glorious horrific!

Barrington Boots

That Thistlebone page is excellent and having seen it in the flesh it looks even better - a photo just doesn't do the colours justice.
I love the dog, the expressions are gold. And proper pint glasses!