Main Menu

What in the name of sanity????

Started by Dog Deever, 07 December, 2007, 11:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Heard about this- don't know whether to laugh hysterically or shake my head and tut disapprovingly...

Link: http://splinteredsunrise.wordpress.com/category/comics/" target="_blank">What next? The BNP's Genocide-boy?

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

satchmo

Blimey...

There was also a story in Viz about Orangemen years ago, and their penchant for tight fitting bowler hats.

Buddy

Yeah, knew about this for a bit...

There is a competition going on to name the character... leading contender at the moment is 'Sash Gordon'

TordelBack

There is a competition going on to name the character...

Mohammed?

Two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Dog Deever

In that case, here's my entry...http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/Dog_Deever/CaptBigot.jpg">

philt

Unlike the lovable jolly craicsters in the residents committees obviously or the misguided warrior poets who've been systematically burning Orange Halls round Northern Ireland.

Richmond Clements

PLease don't start the 'whataboutery' stuff here!!!

Dog Deever

"Unlike the lovable jolly craicsters in the residents committees obviously or the misguided warrior poets who've been systematically burning Orange Halls round Northern Ireland."

exactly like them...

philt

So you'll be doing a cartoon of them as well then?

Dog Deever

Listen, I was parodying the Orange Order character- I'm unaware of such other comic characters. I posted it because it's the reality of the bile that is being perptuated by marketing it to children. If that hurts, then maybe it is a bit close to the truth. It in no way condones 'the other side'. If you feel so strongly- why don't you do one?

This is a comics thread, on a comics forum, and the point put forward is that this kind of hatred (by any group) has no place being marketed at children, in comics.
I don't believe in god, so I couldn't give a bollocks about the whole protestant/ catholic religious debate. It concerns me, just as it would if the BNP released a comic aimed at kids as well. It's about hatred based on belief.

Richmond Clements

Philt, if you want to talk about that shite, do what I do and go to the BBC Northern Ireland message boards.

TordelBack

"...do what I do and go to the BBC Northern Ireland message boards."

But don't expect to enjoy the experience.

Richmond Clements

True!

But it keeps drawing me back in...
Feeding the animals is just too much fun!!