Main Menu

Critique of 'Rules to be read before you end up dead '

Started by Dog Deever, 27 July, 2009, 10:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Also, if a comp sub-forum was created, it would be much easier to find and explore earlier competitions. By now, I'm sure the first art and writing comps are completely buried if not lost in the General section.

VinceBot

Ok, I don't mind establishing a subforum for competitions, I'm just worried about limiting their exposure - risking only having CC visitors voting on a thread composed by CC visitors..

Perhaps we can sticky a locked thread in General when a competition is running, giving the competitions the exposure they need.

By the by, its not impossible to run a thread to completition in one forum, and then move (archive) it into another forum at a later date, so the risk of threads getting lost is minimal.

Jim_Campbell

Nah. Screw it -- I say leave 'em where they are, then.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

Yeah, what the hell, lets just leave the comps in general, that's where people expect them to be.

VinceBot

Ok, I'll move them back to General.

You guys still want to have competitions stickied for the duration of their run? I don't imagine there'll be too many going on at once.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: VinceBot on 23 August, 2009, 10:07:05 PM
Ok, I'll move them back to General.

You guys still want to have competitions stickied for the duration of their run? I don't imagine there'll be too many going on at once.

Honestly, I don't mind bumping them manually. It means I have to keep the comp, and the entry/voting deadlines, in mind ... otherwise they could have a habit of sneaking up on me!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kerrin

VinceBot

I don't think that'll be a huge problem, I mean the competition threads don't need to be de-stickied on their exact finishing date, just whenever you decide they're over or you want to round up the results.

I don't mind giving you guys the power to sticky your own threads, my only concerns are making the competitions easy for other users to find, make them appear more official so people take part and keeping the place tidy.

If you do want to axe a thread at a specific deadline, post it in the OP (original post) and between you guys and the forum staff we should be able to keep an eye on it.

VinceBot

Ok guys, I've added you to a special member group called "Competition Hosts", while will allow you to modify the sticky attribute on any of your own threads in any forum.

Please use it resonsibly.