Main Menu

Carlos Ezquerra: lung cancer operation

Started by Trout, 23 July, 2010, 12:33:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.

ming

I'd just like to add my best wishes to Carlos and hope the speedy recovery continues!

You're a 2000AD legend and all-round Comics God, and I'm incredibly proud to own even a single page of your work.  If the house was on fire and I only had time to grab one thing, this might be it:

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Trout

Jim_Campbell

My first 'official' prog was #104 -- The Day The Law Died was about 2/3 of the way through, but Journey Into Hell was just starting, so Strontium Dog was right in there as my "jump on" thrill. By the time we get to the golden age of, say, 250 - 450, the strip was regularly knocking it out of the park, Death's Head being just one example of the quality the strip delivered week after week. The sci-fi western. I wasn't joking when I described Carlos as one of the most influential artists in British SF of the last 30 years.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

DrJomster

All the very best Carlos! Love your work! :D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

strontium71

I hate this disease , I really do .
My dad died from cancer and I'm pretty sure everyone on this board knows someone who has been inflicted with some form of cancer too.
Now I hate it even more because it struck the best artist this damned comic has ever had!
Fuck You Cancer!
...because I hate you.

Zarjazzer

What strontium 71 said! Cancer got my sister (took three goes to do it though the bastard disease)

Up yours cancer!

I've been giving a little each month to cancer research uk.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Albion

It killed my Mum back in 1995 (18 weeks after my Dad died of a heart attack) and is killing my sister-in-law and my best friends Mum is battling it at the moment too. Hopefully one day in the future it will be stopped.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Ignatzmonster

Good lord. If I'd known THE Carlos Ezquerra was going to post here I would have pitched in to help tidy up the place.

Senor Ezquerra you're an inspiration. Can't cound how many hours I've spent reading your work and then rereading it. All the best. Don't forget to do what your rehab therapists tell you. Makes a big difference in the long run.

Cthulouis

Good luck, sir!

I can only repeat what others have said about your work, life affecting stuff. I think Deaths Head was the first SD I ever read. Had me hooked on the characters instantly.

malkymac

All the best Carlos - your work has given me a lot of pleasure over the last 35 years or so and I hope it continues to do so for many more years.

All the best and thanks a lot

Malkymac

stacey

Best Wishes Carlos, glad to see cancer hasn't kept you down! One lung is all you need, keep well and be happy and thanks for making Johnny Alpha soo darn pretty! :-)

The Doctor Alt 8

The Legendary Shark

Only just seen this thread.

I can't add anything to what's already been said, so I'll just say this: I love you, man. May your recovery be swift.

Mark.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]