Main Menu

How old is dredd

Started by hazy efc, 05 July, 2012, 11:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

1st off im sorry i should no this 1 but i dont sooo im gunna take a stab in the dark on this 1 id say about 60 ish sorry joe haha  :-\

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

hazy efc

Dandontdare

the problem is that he was vat-grown to the age of a five year old in a few months, so that'd make him 72 biologically (it's 2133 now I think), or 67 if going strictly by date of birth. Plus he's had various bionic implants and cloned organ replacements, along with a "re-juve" procedure after Necropolis. He's been on the streets over 50 years (graduated 2079)

he's certainly not getting any younger!

TordelBack

vzzbux

Also due to the cloning process his ageing metabolism may be alot slower than the average person.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

W. R. Logan

Cloned in 2066 and accelerated growth to the age of 5, graduated in 2079.
Rejuve after Necropolis, new Lungs, and a whole host of other medical procedures.
As its 2134 he's been out of the tank for 68 years, biologically 73 but with the advances in technology who can really tell.
Besides all the big story lines we've had over the years Dredd's age is one that has to be resolved at some point in the near future.

Frank

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 05 July, 2012, 10:09:33 PM
Rejuve after Necropolis, new Lungs, and a whole host of other medical procedures.
As its 2134 he's been out of the tank for 68 years, biologically 73 but with the advances in technology who can really tell.
Besides all the big story lines we've had over the years Dredd's age is one that has to be resolved at some point in the near future.

According to Sector House, there are seven versions of Dredd doing the rounds; all of various ages. Rico and Dolman seem like they've been used to provide a unique look at the same character from multiple perspectives- without resorting to What If..?, out of continuity tales.

That seems like a more interesting way of allowing the original Dredd to age gracefully, while telling various types of stories, using different iterations of the same character. By the time the original exits the stage, we'd have become accustomed to reading about the other seven already- as we have with Rico.

thehod

Quote from: bikini kill on 05 July, 2012, 11:30:22 PM
Quote from: W. R. Logan on 05 July, 2012, 10:09:33 PM

According to Sector House, there are seven versions of Dredd doing the rounds; all of various ages. Rico and Dolman seem like they've been used to provide a unique look at the same character from multiple perspectives- without resorting to What If..?, out of continuity tales.

That seems like a more interesting way of allowing the original Dredd to age gracefully, while telling various types of stories, using different iterations of the same character. By the time the original exits the stage, we'd have become accustomed to reading about the other seven already- as we have with Rico.

Wonder how many of them have survived the last few issues.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

CrazyFoxMachine

Well Dolman is in space, and Rico's brought in the muties. So - they're still aboot.

a chosen rider

Presumably Nimrod was one of the seven, so that's one down.  But Sector House was over ten years ago now, so there could have been more created in the meantime.  Weren't they growing another pair of Fargo clones when Rico dropped by to ask about Sinfield in Tour of Duty?  Assuming those two made it out of the clone tanks, they would only have been physically five or six when the Academy was attacked.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Frank

Quote from: a chosen rider on 06 July, 2012, 06:44:27 PM
Presumably Nimrod was one of the seven, so that's one down.  But Sector House was over ten years ago now, so there could have been more created in the meantime.  Weren't they growing another pair of Fargo clones when Rico dropped by to ask about Sinfield in Tour of Duty?  Assuming those two made it out of the clone tanks, they would only have been physically five or six when the Academy was attacked.

Good call.