Main Menu

Tharg (and Matt Smith) interviewed on Comic Book Resources

Started by Spaceghost, 09 August, 2012, 02:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Nice interview with a couple of little hints about forthcoming thrills.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=40341

Apparently there's a 28 page Dredd story coming in prog 1812. Is that the Xmas prog? If so, shouldn't it be prog 2013?

There's some Brass Sun snippets and questions from some illustrious boarders too.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 09 August, 2012, 02:58:01 PM
Apparently there's a 28 page Dredd story coming in prog 1812. Is that the Xmas prog? If so, shouldn't it be prog 2013?

It's not.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 August, 2012, 03:19:01 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 09 August, 2012, 02:58:01 PM

It's not.

I see. So it's a full, Dredd-only prog. I smell EPICNESS.

Proudhuff

Glad to see the interview ends on a high note!

Butt'man, Butt'man where fore art thou Butt'man?
DDT did a job on me

Grant Goggans

You know, that son-of-Kazan fellow of Rennie's seemed to enjoy chess a lot...

Proudhuff

and the writers isn't named so will probably not be the Big W...
DDT did a job on me

thehod

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 09 August, 2012, 03:37:00 PM
You know, that son-of-Kazan fellow of Rennie's seemed to enjoy chess a lot...

Anatoli Kazan?

That's exactly what I said on the other thread.
The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

radiator

I'm going to hazard a guess that the Kazan clone plotline has been dropped - it's been what - five years or more since there's been any movement on that front?

Al Ewing has been talking up his 'big' Dredd story 'The Cold Deck' for a while now. All I know is that it involves Judge Maitland. Thrilled that Ewing is doing a longer Dredd story, though.

Proudhuff

Quote from: radiator on 09 August, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
I'm going to hazard a guess that the Kazan clone plotline has been dropped - it's been what - five years or more since there's been any movement on that front?

Al Ewing has been talking up his 'big' Dredd story 'The Cold Deck' for a while now. All I know is that it involves Judge Maitland. Thrilled that Ewing is doing a longer Dredd story, though.
Let's hope she keeps the puppies under cover THIS time!
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 August, 2012, 03:47:43 PM
Quote from: radiator on 09 August, 2012, 03:43:20 PM

Let's hope she keeps the puppies under cover THIS time!

I have it on good authority that the 28 page finale is one long game of strip chess during which Maitland is entirely topless.

dweezil2

Good interview!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Lee Bates on 09 August, 2012, 03:56:48 PM
I have it on good authority that the 28 page finale is one long game of strip chess during which Maitland is entirely topless.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Oh, sorry! Wrong movie!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

karl

This feature was powered by your questions, so a big thanks for everybody on the forums!!

If you guys like this feature and want to see more, please let us know!

dweezil2

Quote from: karl on 09 August, 2012, 04:19:28 PM
This feature was powered by your questions, so a big thanks for everybody on the forums!!

If you guys like this feature and want to see more, please let us know!

More please!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Molch-R

It's worth noting that big sites judge the true popularity of articles based on the number of comments people leave, so if you enjoyed it please consider leaving a comment on the CBR article itself.

O Lucky Stevie!

Tharg: The Smith droid seems strangely resistant to my electro-whip, and every attempt to get him working faster has so far failed to succeed. Maybe I'll have to increase the charge significantly and risk frying his cranial circuits (last time I did that it resulted in "Revere.") "Indigo Prime" will next materialize in this reality... when it's ready.

Sounds like a deliberate ploy on the Smith droid's part Tharg... you beast.

"The Orrery is a fully functional, life-size, clockwork solar system. A clutch of planets, moons, asteroids and comets orbiting a vast, life-giving brass sun via immense metal spars. Its origin and purpose long since forgotten. The once-unified collection of worlds have regressed into eccentric fiefdoms and petty baronies. Some are no longer aware that life even exists on any of the other worlds. The only certainty is that the sun is winding down...The Orrery is dying."

Could Stevie possibly become even more excited about Brass Sun? Oh yes with Dyson Sphere-scale bells on he could!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"