Main Menu

Keith Richardson Q&A Podcast

Started by bluemeanie, 13 July, 2013, 04:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Greg M.

Good stuff, Rich - particularly happy to hear about 'Return to Armageddon' emerging next year in the wake of some of the other proper old-school classics like 'Blackhawk' and 'Meltdown Man'. Plus - Torquemada figurine in the style of the weird little Nemesis model? Hell yeah.

radiator

Great stuff - really appreciate you guys taking the time. Interesting times ahead by the sounds of it - I'm sure there'll be some interesting things announced at SDCC.

Skullmo

Great interview - you can tell Keith loves his job!

It's a joke. I was joking.

bluemeanie

Think I cut out where he was telling me about all the work he had to do ready to go to San Diego and I was telling him to fuck off if he was after any sympathy

But yeah, always cool hearing the people who work on this stuff are fans. Loses a lot, personally anyway, when they aren't and it's just a gig

DrJomster

Thanks from me too. Enjoyed listening to this and can only echo the love for Return To Armageddon!  :thumbsup:
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

sheldipez

Quote from: bluemeanie on 17 July, 2013, 10:00:41 PM
But yeah, always cool hearing the people who work on this stuff are fans. Loses a lot, personally anyway, when they aren't and it's just a gig

Makes that decision all the bit harder when you know you need to pass over something you'd personally would love see released for something that is guaranteed seller.

A good listen!

hippynumber1

A really interesting listen but I completely forgot to ask my question - PLEASE can we have a MACH 1 collection? Will it ever happen???

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: bluemeanie on 13 July, 2013, 04:33:22 PM
Enjoy

I did. Many thanks for that, Rich, and also to Keith both for making himself available and for his general good-humour in the face of what (I suspect) is quite a demanding fanbase!

Fascinating stuff, as always.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Yup.  Some great chit-chat going on there.  It will be fantastic to see Return to Armageddon get a reprint, and I really hope Sooner or Later finally gets collected.  The 3A news is welcome too - fingers crossed that there's some activity after SDCC...

matty_ae

I just wanted to thank the podcast team.
I think they do an excellent job on these which feel so much closer to being part of a 2000ad community than just hearing news through a press release. So thanks to the team and also thanks to rebellion and the creators for being game.

bluemeanie

Cheers guys
Normally only ever get complaints so good to know we don't always piss everyone off  :)

Do enjoy doing these one's with Keith as he's a top bloke. Sure we'll do another one in six months or so when he's got some more stuff in the pipeline to announce. Will of course ask on here for questions

Next one we have planned is the Megacast ladies talking to Boo Cook. Think thats gonna be at the start of August so again we'll let you guys post up questions you wanna ask.
Other than that not sure... apart from feeling we're due our annual "Get some 2000AD creators on and discuss the Stallone Dredd movie" thing which are always a lot of fun

Open to suggestions though. Maybe I should try for that Matt Sm... Tharg podcast again

radiator

The Stallone movie ones are great, but I'm gutted you guys never did a proper round table discussion of the new film.

bluemeanie

We should do a new film one. The Stallone ones are more fun tho as there's more light hearted conflict. New film is just us all fanboying out.

That said I'll get hold of Flint and maybe The Burdis (tm) and see if they're up for it

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm always ready and some of my opinions may upset the Goat Monster with his undying love for it  ;)