Spoilers > Other Reviews

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

<< < (2/45) > >>

Dark Jimbo:
No idea - I didn't start reading the Meg until just before the 'volume 4' relaunch after the Rebellion takeover. That would explain it though!

IndigoPrime:
Yep—the Meg quite often had full-page recaps, which have mercifully been cut from the collected editions, but made some of them read a bit oddly.

credo:

--- Quote from: Arkady on 24 August, 2015, 02:34:58 PM ---Then again, with the newer volumes containing, what 20 progs worth as opposed to c.60 in the earlier big volumes, and only a couple of volumes coming out per year... I'm not good with numbers but I think the Case Files is now falling behind rather than catching up?

--- End quote ---

My quick search on the last 2 case files shows that we're still going through about 16 months of stories every year. That might be a little generous, as that's counting progs, not megs, which have got a little out of whack in CF25. CF24 and 25 take us from Sept 1995 to Feb 1997. Don't think we're quite falling behind, but I'd definitely take a couple of slightly beefier Case Files (assuming there won't be 3 a year again) to get us gaining a bit more ground.

Will this get slightly better once we're past the post-Stallone story glut?

I, Cosh:
I think the current three volumes per year schedule still represents a gradual acceleration towards the present (~18 months of stories per year.)

--- Quote from: credo on 26 August, 2015, 01:01:35 PM ---Will this get slightly better once we're past the post-Stallone story glut?
--- End quote ---
Could do. We're past the point where two Dredds per Prog was a regular occurrence and the Prog/Meg imbalance is presumably because we're just hitting a six month period where the lead strip from the Meg wont appear in the Case Files (Fading of the Light; Predator) and they need to make sure it's aligned again for Doomsday.

credo:

--- Quote from: The Cosh on 26 August, 2015, 01:35:10 PM ---I think the current three volumes per year schedule still represents a gradual acceleration towards the present (~18 months of stories per year.)

--- End quote ---

I'd like to see us back at 3 a year. We've only had 2 this year (CF24 and 25, with 26 due in January). We only had 2 in 2014 too (although we also got the Daily Dredd collection). You have to go back to 2009 before we had 3 case files in a year.

Seems I'm a moon on stick type though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version