Spoilers > Other Reviews

Action Special 1992

(1/2) > >>

abelardsnazz:
Quite a pleased Snazz here - on a trip to York today picked up a copy of this for a quid in Oxfam. Looking forward to reading.

sheridan:
Let us know what you thought of it...

abelardsnazz:
An intriguing piece of Tooth history. I mostly enjoyed this, with the exception of The Spider, who Mark Millar for some reason rewrites as a psychopathic killer. Can't fault the art by John Higgins and David Hine though. Steel Claw, Cursitor Doom, Mytek the Mighty and Kelly's Eye all seem to follow the tradition of the original strips well, and there's great work from John Smith and John Burns on the more obscure Doctor Sin. As promised at the end of the Kelly's Eye strip, there was a short-lived follow-up in the Prog before rights issues reared their head. Overall, a fun experiment.

AlexF:
I got this whenit came out and remember funding it utterly impenetrable. I think mostly because I was 14, and hadnt even heard of any of the characters within. To my young eyes it seemed to epitomise the era of 2000AD being edgy and pretentious. Some of the art was good, though! I did reread it a few years ago and it made more sense, some of it was indeed pretty good - better than The Valiant, if I may be so bold. Not my thing…

The Corinthian:

--- Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 August, 2021, 03:10:14 PM ---As promised at the end of the Kelly's Eye strip, there was a short-lived follow-up in the Prog before rights issues reared their head. Overall, a fun experiment.

--- End quote ---
Kelly had been in the third and final run of 'Universal Soldier' the previous autumn, with Tharg teasing us that it would involve a famous returning character then having to explain who it was to a readership who were stil largely too young to have read Valiant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version