Main Menu

Incident on Zeta V Death’s Head - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 06

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 August, 2021, 06:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Incident on Zeta V Death's Head - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 06

There will only be one game left in each of the groups in Short Region after today's votes finish - so much can be decided by what happens here. So get ya votes on...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Incident on Zeta - more info

Vs

Death's Head - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 7th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

The first Strontium Dog story I ever read was the final two parts of Death's Head, in a Megazine reprint. It didn't make much sense, but it had a weird, lurid energy to it that did make me want more.

It's such a deeply weird, atypical story. Willy Blanko sold his arms to another crook? What...? Except he's not a human after all, he's a giant space maggot? And the maggot's now a giant skellington? The Gronk's shadow creature, Leroy Snood, Alpha's gravestone, the cocoons... It's stuffed with all these odd elements, like leftovers from other stories, but somehow... it works. Just.
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

AlexF

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Rogue Judge

Incident on Zeta

Quick fun story with Johnny fighting ladies and slinging time bombs.

Leigh S

Deaths Head is such a weird story - almost feels like an annual story written by someone slightly unfamiliar with the strip.  In my head, I've always assumed Alan Grant did this one solo as there are  just a few off "beats" - why would someone want extra arms in a Galaxy that hates mutants? And the general plot developments are very disjointed - flare arms, grub skeleton etc. 

So while it is no classic, "Incident on Zeta" takes this one for me

Colin YNWA

Hardy any votes here and there's a big ol' mix so your votes TODAY could swing this so get um in.

For me the decider here is a simple splash of Johnny and Wulf riding past skeleton left as warning as to how bad Willy Blanko is. That image has stuck with me for so, so long... and I'm pretty certain its from Death's Head (gulp someone will tell me I'm wrong now!). On that basis:

Death's Head

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Ohhh this one was close. Both drew votes in a quiet game and in the end the last vote decided it and that went to:

Death's Head

Points    Vote Difference
The Gronk Affair                    3                  14
Death's Head                          3                    1
Incident on Zeta                     0                 -15

So this one goes down to an exciting play-off in the final vote. the winner will take top spot and a place in the tourney proper.