Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Strange Cases vs Alienist Rd 1 Heat 69

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 December, 2021, 06:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You've been very patient with me and indulged these matches with a diligence and rigour that I'm amazed by. That said, with X-Mas coming up I think we'll have a week off after this week (9), so we can start the new year with fresh energy for the end of Round 1 and brace ourselves as we go into Round 2 (and I can have a little time to prep the biggest single round of any tourney to date!). It would be nice to end on a high... it would be, but the draws the draw...

Magazine's abortive series of done in one's or modern era tale of mystic(ish) tricks of the past?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Strange Cases - more info

Vs.

Alienist - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of CHRISTMAS DAY - yes X-Mas is a time for family, celebration and counting up tourney results and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Magnetica

AlexF

Strange Cases is notable only in that it gave really early work to some writers adn artists who got a lot better later. The Alienist is a super great series whose only crime has been not returning for many years! Easy vote.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Possibly a lone vote here, but I'm going for Strange Cases. in particular the Smith and Hicklenton one which is truly disturbing.

Funt Solo

The Strange Cases aren't all that different from Tales From the Black Museum - just a slightly different framing device.

The Alienist

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

norton canes

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Santa is packing his sleight so if you want to give one of these thrills a present in the morning get your votes in now or it might be crying into its X-Mas pud in the morning (who eats Xmas pub for breakfast???)

Link Prime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 December, 2021, 12:29:32 PM
I'll buck the trend here and say Strange Cases.

I'll ride shotgun.

I quite like The Alienist, but have a soft spot for the early Meg era, so its gotta be Strange Cases.