Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Tharg’s Dragon Tales vs The Dead Rd 1 Heat 70

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 December, 2021, 06:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

You've been very patient with me and indulged these matches with a diligence and rigour that I'm amazed by. That said, with X-Mas coming up I think we'll have a week off after this week (9), so we can start the new year with fresh energy for the end of Round 1 and brace ourselves as we go into Round 2 (and I can have a little time to prep the biggest single round of any tourney to date!). It would be nice to end on a high... it would be, but the draws the draw...

The Dead is another - we seem to have a lot of these lately - well respected self contained story from yesteryear. A wonderful oddity in Tharg's thrill palace. Dragon Tales is a series of very focused done in ones that... well... had some nice art I guess...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Tharg's Dragon Tales - more info

Vs.

The Dead - more info
]
Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of CHRISTMAS DAY - yes X-Mas is a time for family, celebration and counting up tourney results and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Richard

AlexF

Thank goodness Wolfie S got his votes in early today so he can't continue the trend of picking the wrong thrill underdog.

The Dead is far from perfect, but it's one of 2000AD's most distinctive and ambitious stories. Dragon Tales were a bad idea, executed badly. Hogan is a clever chap, but even he couldn't find a way to push dragons into a twist-ending story that was remotely satisfying.

The Dead for another whitewash!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

abelardsnazz

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Magnetica

Funt Solo

It seems like Dragon Tales should have been both better and longer lived. Could it be revived? The dragon dollar! That's a pretty big dollar!

My vote: The Dead
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

The Dead is a classic. Two of the Prog's best creators working together.
We never really die.