Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Rain Dogs vs. Mean Team Round 2 Heat 78

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 March, 2022, 06:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Huey2

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Rain Dogs. Because while I only bought the hardback because it was a fiver, I did at least give it a place on my shelf. Mean Team, no thanks.

SBT

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Its the Mean Team
They'll knock out Rain Dogs too

Well unless you get some votes in today to turn this one around.

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Yep as expected, but why is Mean Team so popular, isn't it a bit rubbish (quite a lot ribbish?). i blame myself for not using the Tom Waits link to Rain Dogs in the intro. Would even that have prevented

Mean Team

Smacking a morning star into the face of Round 2 to score a place in Round 3.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 March, 2022, 06:56:47 AM
[but why is Mean Team so popular, isn't it a bit rubbish (quite a lot ribbish?).

overwhelmingly, surely, belardinelli?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 26 March, 2022, 11:13:12 AM
[but why is Mean Team so popular, isn't it a bit rubbish (quite a lot ribbish?).

I whisper it  but except for a few strips he's perfectly suited for I'm not a Belardinelli fan...

AlexF

Quite apart from Belardinelli's GLORIOUS art, this is a future sports story which is basically 'murder capture the flag' but also set inside 'Deathtrap Dungeon' and there are two main characters, one of whom is evil but sympathetic, the other of whom is a classic nice guy who is also A PSYCHIC TRAPPED IN THE BODY OF A MURDER-PANTHER. There's even a prologue to explain that the story exists on the grounds that Tharg did a survey of 8-year-old boys who said they'd moved on from liking dinosaurs and cowboys and now wanted D&D mixed with future sports, + murder.

The only wonder is that someone thought it was a good idea to turn the deathsport setting into a fantasy Earth quest setting.

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 March, 2022, 03:47:21 PM

I whisper it  but except for a few strips he's perfectly suited for I'm not a Belardinelli fan...

*moves motion to remove the Colin from post on grounds of insanity*
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 March, 2022, 03:47:21 PM

Paging Mek-Quake! Mek-Quake to the front desk!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++