Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: He is the chosen one (or is he?)

Started by broodblik, 25 April, 2022, 04:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

One of those thrills which I do not mind reading but if it never gets another series, I will not miss it

The thing is- there must be a reason it's there. I sort-of trust the current Tharg not to fill the prog with "any old shit just to make up the page count" (though his actual judgement as to whether certain series and creators justify their inclusion has, as his run has gone on, been called into question), and Skip Tracer has proven to be mildly readable. I've never, er, skipped it, like I do some other strips in both the prog and Meg. And, I trust the writer to be "going somewhere with it"- which ties in with my trust of Tharg to only give us things he considers worth our time and effort. I always try to see what Tharg was thinking when he okayed it... and at times, I struggle with Skip. It confuses me as to why it gets recommissioned. I feel like another aspect of Tharg may have given it far stronger editorial input and dragged something more thrill-powered out of it. Maybe forced the inclusion of giant spiders or something- which is always guaranteed to up the enjoyment factor of anything. I don't know.

SBT

Dandontdare

It went in one eyeball and out the other. Nothing memorable, just generic SF hardman in a generic dystopia. I ended up skipping it after a while because I just couldn't retain any memory about who was who or what was happening - nothing about it made me care. I reckon it's the weakest strip for a, long time and I can't understand why it keeps coming back.

broodblik

You can skip until Monday then the trace will end
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 29 April, 2022, 09:58:35 AM
the trace will end

I'll trace a chalk line around your dead fucking body, you fuck!

- Chasing Amy 1997

broodblik

The end of it all most of us felt very the same on this one

Voting closed the winner:

Too generic
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.