Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Armoured Gideon vs. Metalzoic Round 3 Heat 6

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2022, 06:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Gideon was great fun, but it's got to be Metalzoic, an absolute classic.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

NapalmKev

Armoured Gideon.

A complete physical collection would be lovely.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Southstreeter

Armoured Gideon. Great to see him guesting in the Order, too.

Everyone always goes on about Metalzoic but I really can't remember anything about it apart from the classic 'Brian' cover.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 May, 2022, 09:12:54 AM
No. I refuse. I just can't do it. I'm sitting on this fence until there's an imprint across my butt cheeks.

Think I might make a rule that says if you wish to abstain you have to say this!

and also

WHAT!

maryanddavid

No insult to AG, which was good fun, but Metalzoic is Mills and O'Neill's finest!

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

You can hear the metalic crashing of the votes colliding from here. There seems to be a clear leader but its far from one way traffic. Pop ya votes in today and I'll count up in the morning.

credo

This has me thinking about just how many awesome giant robots there have been in 2000ad. Even those in sub-par stories have had great art: Charlie, the Terra-Meks (and the many Mek-Quakes since), Mad George, Torque-Armada, Gideon, Maniac 5 (and 6), the cast of Metalzoic and now Mechastopheles.

Have I missed any? Does the Shaky Kane drawn Robot Mytek from the '90s Action Special count? I feel like there must be Dredd 'bots here I'm forgetting.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: credo on 13 May, 2022, 09:10:27 AM
This has me thinking about just how many awesome giant robots there have been in 2000ad. Even those in sub-par stories have had great art: Charlie, the Terra-Meks (and the many Mek-Quakes since), Mad George, Torque-Armada, Gideon, Maniac 5 (and 6), the cast of Metalzoic and now Mechastopheles.

Have I missed any? Does the Shaky Kane drawn Robot Mytek from the '90s Action Special count? I feel like there must be Dredd 'bots here I'm forgetting.

Broodblik - a good idea for you...

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 May, 2022, 10:00:44 AM

Yes good idea some heavy metal stuff
Broodblik - a good idea for you...
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

From Judge Dredd: the Heavy Metal Kids and Monsteroso.
From Nemesis the Warlock (in Diceman issue one): the Tube Worm