Main Menu

Prog 1982 : The World's End

Started by Buttonman, 21 May, 2016, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannerboyuk

Cover: kinda nice, has grown on me. The colouring is subtle but beautiful. Nicely uncovered logo as well :)
Dredd: like a nice rant me, not sure why tex cit would be so villainous though. Nice hair
Slaine: stunning art, and something happens! They left the building! Oh...another are they doomed cliffhanger? Oh well
Brink: really growing on me, love the world and sense of momentous events to come.,
Time twister: was ok but felt a bit familiar
Grey area: doom doom doom!

A.Cow

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 23 May, 2016, 03:12:50 PM
Brink: In contrast, seemed to be a little more accessible for some reason.  Still hate the art though.

I'm impressed we can even see the art, given the number of speech balloons this week.  It's practically a radio show.

Bolt-01

No one else gonna say congrats to Steve Austin on becoming a bona-fide droid?

He's worked his newly metal plated ass off to get to this point.

I'd love to see his work again soon!

Steve Green

Congratulations Steve and nice job!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: A.Cow on 23 May, 2016, 11:58:19 PM
I'm impressed we can even see the art, given the number of speech balloons this week.  It's practically a radio show.

Maybe that's what's selling it to me...cover that art up!  More balloons please! :p
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Woolly

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 24 May, 2016, 12:20:30 PM

Heh, exactly why I just visited the board!
Now, his droid name - Aus-10 anyone?

Massive congratulations though, was a genuine thrill to see his work in the prog.

Darren Stephens

Hell, yeh! Steves work is amazing. Love to see him get his artistic teeth into something a little more....Dreddful;)

PS. I've not read the rest of the prog yet, only Steves bit!  :P
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

johnfreeman

Quick chat with artist Steven Austin about his 2000AD debut: downthetubes.net/?p=31413

Geoff

Yes, nice work by the Aus-10 droid.

The Dredd strip's out of control - where's it all going to end...

Read the first 4 episodes of Brink back to back as I found it hard to remember what was happening week to week and I really enjoyed it. It's building a deep sense of emerging menace. The reveal can sometimes be a let down with this type of tale but we'll see.

Suggestion for the Slaine strip, maybe Ukko selling some tickets to the big fight, making snide comments and being clipped round the ear by Slaine might perk it up?

Good to see Grey Area back, especially the scantily clad alien lass!   

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Buttonman on 21 May, 2016, 02:38:45 PM
but this had an unpleasant soapbox feel to it.

Pat Mills disagrees with you...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ThryllSeekyr

About Slaine....

Never liked the idea of the [spoiler] Non-Living -Things (Where in that context they might also be benevolent Cythrons or what a lot people believe Angels to be.) being something they were never described as in the first place and what became in the Slaineverse doesn't impress me either.[/spoiler]

Still got nice art, but notice signs of either wear & tear on Slaine & Gort. They don't look so hot now (NO, not like that!). NO, they or just Slaine now look really withered, significantly older regardless of facial hair. Yeah, I know this may have something to so with his recent event taking more toll on him. He's still human, even if Warped (Like I said previously, may be the blessing of Danu is starting to fade on this one!) and this effect might be that devastating or the artist is caring even less each week and that's also starting to show. 

This also maybe hint that Slaine is not a Primordial like I suspected earlier. He's just completely Warped or he was.....

The Enigmatic Dr X

I didn't get the ending of the Time Twister. Can anyone explain it, please?
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Geoff on 25 May, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

Suggestion for the Slaine strip, maybe Ukko selling some tickets to the big fight, making snide comments and being clipped round the ear by Slaine might perk it up?

I must look back and find out what happened to him. Why does he keep getting separated from Slaine?

When did Slaine the Geas Cathbad placed on him?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 25 May, 2016, 11:47:52 PM
Quote from: Geoff on 25 May, 2016, 08:51:30 PM

I must look back and find out what happened to him. Why does he keep getting separated from Slaine?

When did Slaine the Geas Cathbad placed on him?

That was lose the Geas placed on him by Cathbad.

Link Prime

Quote from: Woolly on 24 May, 2016, 06:00:45 PM

Heh, exactly why I just visited the board!
Now, his droid name - Aus-10 anyone?

Massive congratulations though, was a genuine thrill to see his work in the prog.

Austin 3:16 says...I just Thrilled your ass.

Congrats Steven!