Main Menu

NIGHTBREED Director's Cut - Sign The Petition!

Started by Woolly, 15 December, 2009, 04:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly

Apologies if this has already been posted on the board, but as a massive fan of Nightbreed i felt i had to let you know of this.

Clive Barker (and someone by the name of Mark Miller! Could it be...?) is currently trying to get Morgans Creek executives to okay a longer edition (up to 55 minutes longer!) of his would-be masterpiece, but so far they just don't want to know  :(

More information and a petition if you follow this link...
http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/nightbreed.html

Fingers crossed we'll finally get to see the 'Breed in all their 90's make-up glory!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

ThryllSeekyr

Was that the horror/fantacy movie based on the story called Cabal.

Woolly

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 15 December, 2009, 04:25:09 PM
Was that the horror/fantacy movie based on the story called Cabal.

Yup, thats the one!

SmallBlueThing

Signed. I have been waiting for this since 1990. Twenty years is long enough!

SBT

Teivion

wierd- talking to the Minty crew about this only yesterday!
What happened to Rawhead Rex too?

A great film....

SmallBlueThing

Oooh, Rawhed Rex- now yer talking! I love that film- I know it's, er, "not very good" and all that, but the creature is absolutely brilliant (and far, far superior to all those "walking cock" visualisations that Barker and other have done over the years, regarding Mr Rex) and it's just a fantastic little monster movie. And the little girl in it grew up into a client of mine, back when I lived in Ireland. And lovely she was too.

I've always secretely hoped for 'Rawhead Rex Returns', featuring the undead creature, seen at the end in pop-up spleandour, on the rampage.

Alas, it has never appeared. But at least the original is still available on the cheapest of cheap DVD labels. I think mine cost £2 new.

SBT

satchmo

I'll have some of that.
I got Rawhead Rex for about a quid I think, it's out there people!

vzzbux

Cabal was a brilliant read but didn't much think to the film.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Robin Low

Quote from: vzzbux on 15 December, 2009, 09:18:44 PM
Cabal was a brilliant read but didn't much think to the film.

I had the complete opposite response. I really enjoyed the film, but was aware it wasn't quite what Barker wanted. I thought I'd read the book and see what he was really aiming for, but found it boring and drab. The film had all these great, colourful characters, but they existed merely as names in the book.

Regards

Robin

ThryllSeekyr

About NightBreed/Cabal.....

I always though that warped dude --The Main character--with the tattoes reminded me of Slaine back when first got this out on video.