Main Menu

The Fate of PJ Maybe in the new Meg...

Started by paulvonscott, 27 June, 2005, 08:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

Well, what do people think?  Not what I was expecting, but I got a little chill from it.

Also, is this the end?  I mean, no reason not to have more, and I'd welcome them, but I got a feeling it was final.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and an insanely convoluted plan by PJ.

Artificial Idiot

I was confused to the last minute. But I have to say, I'm perfectly satisfied with the ending. In fact, I think it was perfect... Although, Ingra has definatly lost out in the looks department...

paulvonscott

Beauty is only synthi-derm deep, and I always think a girl's programming is more important than her looks anyway.

Yeah, I thought it was a great old romp, loved the judge under PJ's control.

Byron Virgo

I can't believe they offed Iron Ron though.

Funt Solo

I thought it was perfectly done.  As I mentioned on the Meg 234 review thread, this kept us guessing to the end, as it would have been a perfect time for PJ to lose.

I'm glad he didn't, and I expect there'll be more.  Wagner is famous for his extended build-ups, so who knows, maybe Maybe is destined to be a far larger threat to MC-1 than his past endeavours would suggest.

(Of course, it probably won't involve him building an army of giant stompy robot bugs, but that's life.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dudley

That's what I was thinking.  Maybe's appeal used to be that he was a child, and he's now what? early or even mid twenties?  Just being dyslexic isn't enough of a feature to make him stand out among the Dreddworld villains.

So I think that Wagner's doing something more funky with him.  Do they still have elected mayors in MC-1?

Oddboy

Thing is - PJ is a genuinly nice guy (homicidal tendencies accepted). I don't see him ever being a "larger threat to MC-1". He doesn't want power - and he's not too greedy, as long as he;s got plenty enough to be getting on with. He'll keep on killing folks though, on a personal level.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Dudley

Well, hang on - the guy's made squillions!  He's been running a gigantic property development operation to make even more money.

I don't reckon he's going to do a Sabbat and go for world domination, but he will do anything to secure personal power, from corruption to murder.  The chief reason he won't become a crime lord is an almost pathalogical addiction to working with as few people as possible.  That's why he took a robot lover, for example.

But I could see him being the new mayor, or a councilman anyway.

Funt Solo

It's true that PJ has no motive for wanting dominion over others.  It's only when he feels slighted, or if he has no personal wealth, that he tends to go on murdering sprees.

However, with Dredd, it's personal, and those around Dredd become targets which don't obviously further PJ's machinations.  Wasn't the robot roc just a slap in the face?

Of course, his motive may all along simply to have been to become anonymous once again.  

As a citizen of MC-1, somebody's bound to annoy him at some point in the future.  He'll murder them, then the law will get involved and hence more conflict with Justice Department will ensue.  It's not unreasonable to figure that the only way he'll ever be free of the judges is to gain power over them, by whatever means.

I've never been much good at predicting Wagner, though.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paulvonscott

An amiable psychopath perhaps, not I'm sure about him being a nice guy.  His cheerful face can hide many a hellish fury.