Main Menu

Nemesis Definitive Edition vol 1

Started by Le Fink, 05 December, 2023, 06:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

This arrived today. I've got the black hardcover version. It's pretty classy. Nice gold embossed logo on the front. Similar to the Grandville and Luther Arkwright omnis.

Some nice Kev O'Neill prelims in the inlays, quite a few full colour covers and star scans scattered throughout. The pages are heavy duty and very white. The repro looks a bit better than my old Titan "the beginning" edition. The printed page is about 1cm wider and 2cm longer than that edition. It's a good size.

There's no chat or back matter but that's OK! A pretty special edition all told.

The one annoying thing is something has pressed a small triangle shape through four pages near the binding near the start of the book.

Let's hope that's not a common issue.

IndigoPrime

Honestly, I'd ask for a replacement. That's a damaged book. But it otherwise looks very nice.

Lorenzo

Absolutely. You don't have to accept that. It's not even packaging damage, that has happened at the binding stage. Rebellion customer service is outstanding - I'm sure they will sort that for you, especially if you send that photo along as well.

Le Fink

Thanks - what a shame though, the rest of the book is good, seems such a waste.

IndigoPrime

Binding and manufacturing issues happen. I went through three copies of the Hershey HC because of issues (which were admittedly far more severe – binding had torn through multiple pages).

I allow some wiggle room with books. The odd minor corner prang: whatever. I can usually make those a lot better with pliers. But holes in internal pages should warrant a replacement, IMO.

karlos

Totally agree.

You've paid good money for that and, whatever the reason, you deserve a refund or replacement.

If it is a printing error then there's going to be a lot of unhappy punters...

Le Fink

Update - I emailed the 2000ad shop and they're sending a replacement, no quibbles. Happy days.

Blue Cactus

Mine arrived today but I've not had a chance to open it yet. I'm hoping these will include all the covers - it would be great to see the covers from the Titan collections and the Best of 2000ad Monthlies etc.

Magnetica

What does everyone think of the repro? Is it worth it, especially if you already have the old, smaller paperback versions?

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Magnetica on 09 December, 2023, 12:27:56 PMWhat does everyone think of the repro? Is it worth it, especially if you already have the old, smaller paperback versions?

This might sound silly but I'm saving opening mine for a quiet day so I can't answer this yet. I did see someone tweet that the repro was very good though.

13school

Considering I currently have Nemesis bk.1 in four different editions (original Titan pb, Titan hc, Deviant edition, The Early Heresies), and with rumours of an Apex edition on the way, you'd think perhaps this would be a good spot to draw the line.

But no - I'm also here to find out what the repo's like. If it's a step up from previous versions then I guess I'll be shelling out for a fifth edition.

Le Fink

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 07 December, 2023, 09:46:52 PMMine arrived today but I've not had a chance to open it yet. I'm hoping these will include all the covers - it would be great to see the covers from the Titan collections and the Best of 2000ad Monthlies etc.
If it's the hardback webshop 'black' edition you might want to open it sooner rather than later - I now have two copies, both of which have holes punched into some early pages near the binding.

Gah!

Max Headroom

That's real bad luck, Le Fink. Are you going to try for third time lucky?

Le Fink

Quote from: Max Headroom on 13 December, 2023, 07:18:00 PMThat's real bad luck, Le Fink. Are you going to try for third time lucky?
I'm definitely mentioning it to them as there's clearly a production issue