Main Menu

2000AD, you made a freak out of me! The CD.

Started by paulvonscott, 15 May, 2006, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I said on the Bristol thread how much I enjoyed Mitch Benn's song '2000AD - you made a freak out of me', which was the highlight of the evening awards.  I just wish I could remember lyrics, it was very funny.

He said he'd never perform it again, but y'know, I was thinking the perfect free gift for the 30th Anniversary would be a CD of 2000AD related music.  2000AD has lots of fans in music.  There are Dredd songs by the Cure, Fink Brothers, Human League and Anthrax.  Halo Jones by transvision vamp and more I think...

Okay, so all these might not be available, but it would be cool to have some 2000AD music, and if you could persuade Mitch Benn to record it... and rope a few others in...

It's all a bit unlikely I guess, but it would be cool!

mechanix81

And while we're on, how about a 2000AD related podcast?
Dawn of the first day. 72 hours remain.

Queen Firey-Bou

hey on the list of 2000ad related music theres also the wierd & wonderful wierdness of boo cook, and then of course one could open it up to general droid/ music cross overs, as theres funky jock & no doubt others..

Devons Daddy

if someone could list the tracks it could be a sort of downloadable compilation we could create ourselves.
i am sure wake could find a place for it.

as for a pod cast, there is plenty of stuff about.interviews,tv ads,documentary footage, string it all together with a decent link by the current tharg or David bishop(whom may be able to mention upcoming books on said subject) and you would have pretty reasonable pod cast,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dog Deever

Hmmmmm. I'm in a punk band. Two of us are 2k heads, and one is an ex-2K head. Perhaps an ode to Bill Savage, or some stuff about Mickey the Multifoods Dragon is in order. Any ideas for lyrics/ subjects to get the ball rolling would be good...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

ThryllSeekyr

Have they ever put out a combilation album/CD of these types of music?

Carlsborg Expert

I got home and wrote "Domino is gonna fall."

I wasn't intending to rite it but I will do. Good song subject.

Kooks and The Strokes could do songs about Joe Pineapples and Durham Red.

The Racontours can sing about Dante.

The Libertines can sing about Mega City gangs.