Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

NASA are sending people to the moon again. Including a black man and a woman.

Which is nice.
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Just wondering, Sharky, why are you saying that procedure can't be mentioned? I've heard loads of people talking about it.

Mr Pops - nice one, great to hear.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 April, 2023, 05:10:51 PMBecause of this.

Oh, i see.  I misunderstood- I should have read your post more carefully.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Meanwhile, here in the US, there have been more mass shootings so far this year than days.

The collective stupidity of the "greatest nation on Earth" is well evidenced by this sheriff from Florida coming to the conclusion that restricting gun ownership is definitely not the solution.

(Even though that works well everywhere else it's been tried.)

USA == weird death cult.

An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

We only really hear about mass shootings in America when it's not a your typical angry white boy doing it.

So we very rarely hear about them.

Funt Solo

Indeed. In Tennessee (where the most recent school shooting took place) they're trying desperately to pass an anti-drag law that would (if applied in the UK) make pantomimes illegal. And re-runs of Monkey, one presumes. Nothing on guns, though.
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

The funniest one I heard about is a Texas law that's trying to ban men performing in public wearing make-up.

So no rodeo clowns or KISS concerts.

The Legendary Shark

(Quote - 10 April 2023, 22:50:36)
"In Tennessee (where the most recent school shooting took place) they're trying desperately to pass an anti-drag law that would (if applied in the UK) make pantomimes illegal. And re-runs of Monkey, one presumes. Nothing on guns, though."

Once again, the msm is misrepresenting the truth.

The Tennessee bill actually defines "Adult cabaret entertainment" as:

...adult-oriented performances that are harmful to minors, as that term is defined in § 39-17-901, and that feature topless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators, or similar entertainers...

It makes it an offense for a person to perform adult cabaret entertainment:

(A) On public property; or

(B) In a location where the adult cabaret entertainment could be viewed by a person who is not an adult.

Which is not an "anti-drag law" and neither would it ban children's pantomimes at all.

One wonders how msm "reporters" take this to represent such lunacy, and why. Seems like a way of stirring up trouble and driving wedges between people, to me.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Credo! on 10 April, 2023, 06:58:32 PMUSA == weird death cult.

I know we're far from as gun free a nation as I would like us to be (being the resident Manc that I am, experienced more than my fare share of gangland shootings) but it is quite nice knowing there's a decent chunk of our society that is actively repulsed at the idea of even handling a weapon, let alone owning one and making it readily available to school kids.

Just a wholly alien concept.

sheridan

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 11 April, 2023, 07:33:53 AM(Quote - 10 April 2023, 22:50:36)
"In Tennessee (where the most recent school shooting took place) they're trying desperately to pass an anti-drag law that would (if applied in the UK) make pantomimes illegal. And re-runs of Monkey, one presumes. Nothing on guns, though."

Once again, the msm is misrepresenting the truth.   

The Tennessee bill actually defines   "Adult cabaret entertainment" as:      

...adult-oriented performances that are harmful to minors, as that term is defined in § 39-17-901, and that feature topless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators, or similar entertainers...

It makes it anoffense for a person to perform adult cabaret entertainment:      

(A)Onpublic property; or

(B)Inalocationwheretheadultcabaretentertainment couldbe viewed by a person who is not an adult.   

Which is not an "anti-drag law" and neither would it ban children's pantomimes at all.    

One wonders how msm "reporters" take this to represent such lunacy, and why. Seems like a way of stirring up trouble and driving wedges between people, to me.

So it's not the legislators driving wedges then?

So, the bit you quoted defined 'adult-oriented performances' as including "male or female impersonators" so as mentioned earlier, this would include British pantomimes.

Hawkmumbler

Anyone else think it's incredibly funny Shark entirely denies the existence of government, right up until they pass a piece of legislation that happens to vaguely correspond with whatever contrary opinion he holds at that moment, subject to his entirely erratic moral compass.

It really is rather exhausting.

The Legendary Shark

Hawkie - I'm actually pointing out that the msm is misreporting the facts. That's a million miles away from supporting anything except, perhaps, honest journalism.

Sheridan - it would disallow children from attending adult pantomimes. Also, wedges come from many institutions.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Addendum: I do not deny the "existence" of government (there is clearly a whole apparatus and legions of people devoted to it), but I do deny their overweening, self-awarded powers.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]