Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Well, he does dress like a drug dealer's boss's boss.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 28 August, 2023, 07:29:25 AM
Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 27 August, 2023, 10:09:40 PMIs he the guy who wants to have sexy times with lobsters or something?

His idea was that hierarchies in human society can be explained by serotonin, which he supports using serotonin in lobsters as a comparison (more serotonin = more aggressive lobsters). While this comparison might have some merits, I'm not sure that likening the way lobsters and humans behave and operate is entirely valid.

Indeed.  Like I say, I don't know much about the guy (other than, as I also said, he seems a bit of a  gimp), but having to leap as far across the evolutionary tree as sea crustaceans to prove a point about men and women suggests a touch of confirmation bias to me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Someone: "Misogyny is problematic."
Peterson: "No, because lobsters."

---

This article does a better job of debunking Peterson's pseudo-intellectual nonsense:
Botched biology: how does Jordan Peterson use science to prop up his (mis)beliefs?
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Funt Solo

Florida man arrested after trying to cross Atlantic in hamster wheel vessel

I understand wanting to leave Florida, but there are easier methods available.

Funt Solo

Wrong-way driver calls police on himself by mistake

Drunk-calling is a thing - but drunk-calling the cops..?

[I realize some people may get triggered by the idea that the road has a "wrong" side - stay calm! Check the pre-determined drop location for further instructions. As ever, trust nobody!]

Funt Solo

Met police pay damages to two women arrested at Sarah Everard vigil

The Met have never admitted fault on this one (quelle surprise), but justice of a sort has been served.

rogue69

lincnash

Quote from: rogue69 on 15 September, 2023, 07:59:36 PMgold chain 'hair' hooks surgically implanted into scalp

Obviously a massive fan of Captain Skank then.

:lol:

JohnW

Quote from: rogue69 on 15 September, 2023, 07:59:36 PMYou Tube Rapper gets gold chain 'hair' hooks surgically implanted into scalp

Who wears it better?

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

I see Laurence Fox has proved himself too much of a cockwomble even for GB News.  Or at least, he has now that G Beebies have realised that he might lose them viewers and money.

You've got to admire how a man who looks like the corpse of Fido Dido seems to see himself as the very essence of testosterone.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 September, 2023, 04:37:42 PMLaurence Fox has proved himself too much of a cockwomble

Time and time again, it seems. So, his only measure of the value of half of the species is whether or not he wants to shag them? Ironic, given that he looks like someone's cloning experiment went wrong.

These "alternatives to mainstream media" seem to be working out well, then.

Funt Solo

Sycamore Gap: Boy, 16, arrested after Hadrian's Wall tree felled

I wouldn't normally advocate the death penalty. Perhaps justice in this case would be sawing off the lad's feet? Or - taking the long view - setting up a complex apparatus such that a tree would grow through him over time.

It's things like this that point to humanity's predictable doom. We are a pathetic species.

paddykafka

There is a scene in the movie "Ironclad" where King John orders the removal of one the rebellious Lords hand, as it was the one used to sign the Magna Carta against HRH. (Granted, he then goes on to lop off the unfortunate Lord's other hand and also his feet, but - in HRH's insane, megalomaniac mind at least - the principle was sound.)

Personally, I prefer the tree gradually growing through the miscreant route as a just, appropriate and deserved fate. (I might be wrong on this, but did something similar not happen to one of the characters within the myths of Game of Thrones? Or am I thinking of another series or movie?)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

It's baffling, Brits usually only disrespect and defile other culture's historical sites.
You may quote me on that.