Main Menu

STRONTIUM DOG: SEARCH AND DESTROY WEBSHOP EXCLUSIVE

Started by Rogue Judge, 08 April, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

I see that there is a STRONTIUM DOG: SEARCH AND DESTROY WEBSHOP EXCLUSIVE available in the webshop (https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB700).

How is this volume different than the Strontium Dog Search and Destroy: The Starlord Years volume previously announced? (https://www.bookdepository.com/Strontium-Dog-Search-Destroy-John-Wagner/9781781087657)

The Dimensions and Page count look the same, and both are Hardback

Thanks for any info.

Leigh S

Just trying to buy it in the timing out shop!  ARGH! I'm doing 12 hour days and if this sells out while I am away, I will not be happy  - someone save a copy for me!

Max Headroom

Will also be trying to buy this. Wondering whether the strips from the Starlord Summer Special and three Starlord Annuals will be included?

Rogue Judge

Do we know what the differences are between these two SD Starlord Volumes? Same content with a signed bookplate by Wagner or something?

Someone please elaborate so I know which one to get!

Thank you.

PIKLZ

Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 April, 2020, 10:42:57 PM
Will also be trying to buy this. Wondering whether the strips from the Starlord Summer Special and three Starlord Annuals will be included?

They are!

Tjm86

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 08 April, 2020, 10:55:29 PM
Do we know what the differences are between these two SD Starlord Volumes? Same content with a signed bookplate by Wagner or something?

It's been a while since Rebellion did a bookplate with their exclusive releases.  It generally tends to be a different cover with a far smaller print run.  Thirteenth Floor would be an example (although the general release edition was soft back so there was that difference too).  Otherwise the content is identical.  The lack of any detail on the website would suggest that this is the case but this is only speculation.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Tjm86 on 09 April, 2020, 01:27:05 PM
It's been a while since Rebellion did a bookplate with their exclusive releases.  It generally tends to be a different cover with a far smaller print run.  Thirteenth Floor would be an example (although the general release edition was soft back so there was that difference too).  Otherwise the content is identical.  The lack of any detail on the website would suggest that this is the case but this is only speculation.

Hey thanks for the info, much appreciated. Another tempting thing about the Exclusive is that it comes out months earlier than the standard version...

Cheers

Bolt-01

Ordered as soon as I could - missing discount be damned.

IndigoPrime

Discounts don't apply to new stuff usually anyway, right?

Tjm86

Max Headroom

Have pre-ordered my copy of the exclusive edition. Just wondering whether the Starlord Stront stories were in complete colour or just the middle spreads like early 2000ad offerings. Either way, looking forward to this.

Swerty

Lots more colour in Starlord with most stories opening with colour spreads and then 3/4 black and white pages

Swerty

Steve Green

I seem to recall someone who has the original art mentioned a page that was printed in b/w in Starlord is actually colour.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 April, 2020, 04:18:27 PM
I seem to recall someone who has the original art mentioned a page that was printed in b/w in Starlord is actually colour.

The third page of the first story.
@jamesfeistdraws