Main Menu

This weeks prog.

Started by JTurner, 22 March, 2002, 05:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTurner

First, can I have some votes for Siku to stop churning out computer coloured art. I don't want to start another debate about whether CC art is better, I just want to get Siku back to doing his superb painted art. Let's face it, Telguth is looking as tired as Future Shocks now, and the half hearted visuals do it no fovours. Siku's style is naturally dynamic, but much of this came not only from his line work and composition, but the brushstrokes and colour. Now I'm just reminded of the appaling colouring work done on 'The Secret Commonwealth' (of whatever that last Slaine outing was called).

Also Atavar. Getting a bit conventional now, don't you think? It started off nice and strange, but with the appearance of this new warrior caste character (Predator, anyone?), the story looks to be treading familiar boards. Strangely, the combat scenes also reminged me of that old 'Karn Troopers' (I think that was the title) supplement given away with 2K in the late 90's, anyone remember it? It was pretty awfull.

The Amstor Computer

>>>Strangely, the combat scenes also reminged me of that old 'Karn Troopers' (I think that was the title) supplement given away with 2K in the late 90's, anyone remember it? It was pretty awfull<<<

Havok?

Anyway, I generally agree with you. The colouring on the ToT story was pretty flat, and it really didn't measure up to Siku's art on earlier installments. Mind you, the story wasn't much better, so...

While we're on colouring, can I just ask whether the new Rogue is going to be left as is, or inked? At the moment, the art looks superb in B&W, and I'd hate to see it muffed up with a sloppy colouring job.

GordonR

Erm...the page sample on the site here *is* inked.  That's what the finished art looks like.

And, no, Rogue isn't going to be in colour.

The Amstor Computer

>>>Erm...the page sample on the site here *is* inked. That's what the finished art looks like.

And, no, Rogue isn't going to be in colour.<<<

Sorry - I should have been more clear. By "inked", I meant coloured. I tend to use "inked" & "coloured" interchangeably, but I forget that "inked" actually means something entirely different.

Anyway, good to hear Rogue will be in B&W - nothing against a good colour version, but it looks damn fine as it is.