Main Menu

rogue trooper game

Started by joepineapples3000a, 29 October, 2006, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Srangely, I have not seen much of this game in my corner of the world. Though I was never planing to buy this at full price. AIf I do see a copy. I will be expecting to see it for thirty dollars ( Cause it's been out for more than a year.) and it may be even cheaper because of the new PSThree Consoles.

RTS games had Rogue Trooper in mind.

Why?

Because, the little building that make soldiers, whoI really just clones of whatever is considered the standard for what genre that the particular is apart of.

ThryllSeekyr

What I meant to say at the bottom:-

'Because, the little buildings that produce soldiers, who are really just cloned sub routines of whatever is considered the standard for what genre that particular game is a part of.'  

ThryllSeekyr

I can buy it for about forty dollars Australian on E-BAY from Adelaide, South Australia.

Personally, I think I should it's released as one of those ten dollars games that get re-sold under a different label.

ThryllSeekyr

One computer games retailer told me today that the game has been discontinued.

ThryllSeekyr

I just recieved my copy through E-bay.

Not bad gamne so far.

very cool introduction.

The Norts sound like Nazi's and the Southers sould like British or American.

Nice mood music. ( Of course I heard before in the preveiw trialers.)

Now that I have have microchipped Gunnar and Bagman and as I ahve been traversing the Quartz zone ( Hmm, large chunks of Quartz deposited  everywhere.) and have yet to have seen the Orange sea. Yet It's been mentioned and I may get glimps of it as I progress further.

Love the bit duruing the starting movie where Rogue is seen talking to three other Troopers who turn out to be important characters.

ThryllSeekyr

Almost forgot, Now I read the the comic from start to finish.

ThryllSeekyr

Okay, I have got as far finishing the misson after Rogue adds Helm to his arsenal.

Though I'm enjoying this great game.  I sometimes get impression that even at hard difficulty, it's spoon feeeding me. It's like,
Nort commanders are just a little half arsed about his duties with a blase attitude to deploying of Norts against this one Rogue Trooper walking through their base destroying gun turrets and their infantry.  Of course, I guess it would be embarrassing if they had to use all their men and machines rather than just the right amount of resistance that Rogue, Gunner, Bag-Man and Helm could comfortably walk all over. That doesn't make up for the damge he is cauisng them.

I not saying that there's a lack of A.I. It's certainly there, but just a little half-arsed
 and dumbed down in places. Though I guess the game to be dumb enough to be to be played  without making it to difficult to be enjoyed.

Though, I haven't read into Rogue Trooper
comic book storyline myself and I guessicould in foar  afew big surp[ises and fe other twist in the plot of this game.

One thing I'd like to know is that why couldn't Rogue just steal the uniform of the first Nort soldier he took down. It looks as though it would conceal his identity and would allow him to infiltrate much more easily until another
a Nort gets a real good look at him.

Surely, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to do once he's alone in Nort country.

Well, I guess he might have to ditch Gunner, Bag-man and Helm.

I guess they're paramount to his mission.
On the other hand just draping  and stretching what he could of the Nort uniform. Perhaps modifying it to go with his own military hardware. It still might fool them from
a distance.

WoD

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

ThryllSeekyr

Still enjoying the game, though after familarisng myself with the Quartze Zone, Orange Sea, various Nort bases strewn around the place. I start to realise this game is more alien than I had origianlly expected Rogue Trooper to be.
I had always had the impression that

The backdrops have similer general appaerance to what you may find in one of the later episodes of Dr Who set in on alien world. Not that I 'm saying that the game seems low budget.  
As Dr who vastly improved in this one area espeically. Settings and spiecal effects, though the stories have always been pretty good.

I could now almost imagine Rogue Trooper being written into the series, now.

Since I have been playing this game, I have also been reading up on Rogue Trooper on Wiki and started reading about the famous Fort Neuropa. Then I hoped or rather inticpated the inclcusion of this place and the relevant scenario in this game.

****************Contains Spoilers******************************************************************************************

I was stuck on the Hover-Train level ( Nu- Atlanta.) of this game playing it all weekend.

It was a situation, where I had got near the end of that level, but the Hover-train was about fifty percent damaged. Which made last part of this level nigh impossible for me to complete.

Anyway, I was at this stage that I decided to look for the cheat codes ( Extreme Rag Doll, Hippy Blood, Inifinite Fire Power and Health.)
 which don't really make any diffence as far as the 'Protecting the Hover Train until it reaches it's intended distination' level is concerned.

Now as personal rule. I don't like cheating and don't do it unless I really hit a ridiculously hard level on a game.  For instance, I had to use the Level completion cheat on a level when the character Swann is being chased by a truck load of Turnbull RC's down a alleyway in the "Warriors" game.

To be fair though, I chose hardest difficulty from the start of 'Rogue Trooper' and will try to complete it with out cheating.

Since, I have been looking at the cheats, I also had a quick look at the Walkthru sheet. Learning that now I am more than halfay through the game
and judging by what I didn't find in contents listing each chapter of the game...

I now, doubt very much the inclusion of a 'Fort Nuero' level. Though, there is a chance that it may still have been slipped in.

If they don't include it, maybe it should be considered for a sequel game.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southers" target="_blank">Fort Neuropa

O Lucky Stevie!

stevie's not played the game (though apparently it can be purchased in the my city. via e-Bay) though only lasted the first 3 chapters of rebecca levine's novelization. which is at least 2 & half chapters more than her stronty book. her prose style just isn't my cup of tea.

gordon's rogue novel is far & away my fave of the 2000ad novels that i've read. military sf generally bores me, with the exception of joe haldeman's 'the forever war', which is perfect in every respect. loved gordon's world-building; how he invoked not only the feel of nu-earthfrom the strips but threw some perspective on it's place in the wider nort/souther conflict.

i've wet my knickers!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Tweak72

As I have only recently gotten around to upgrading my PC so it can play Rogue Trooper (RT)then spent months looking for it with out success I finally (by fluke) found a copy and I have to say...
Its one of the best games I have ever played wasnâ??t sure about the 3rd person bit (as I mostly donâ??t like games like that apart from resident evil that is) but I was well gone with in five minuets of playing;. The design was very well done had just the right elements of the comic so the differences that you always get when chainging some thing to a different mediam actually improved on the original. The design of everything was spot on and the sprites where superb (unlike with the Dredd game where they seemed to be based on poorly made beanie dolls)
the only criticism I have is I remember reading in one of the RT game threads that some one thought it was a little too short and I would have too agree the journey across the Dix-I sub continent was a little rushed and it felt that Rogue and the gang where only half a step behind the traitor general I think that after the Train there should have been a few levels of rogue wondering about and picking up clues on the TG as that would of given it a more rounded feel and made the game longer. Considering the search for the TG took over 3 years   loved the combat. Loved the weapons. Loved how you felt more self contained due to the salvage part of the game loved the Bio chips
All in all 7/10 (it would be a 9/10 if it was longer)
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Keef Monkey

I still love the game! Actually saw it mentioned in a 360 mag today. They were referring to upcoming game "Fracture" and said it may not be the next Halo or Gears Of War but as long as it was the next Psi-Ops or Rogue Trooper it would be well worth checking out. Was nice to see it's well regarded in that sense.

WoD

it is a good and fairly well rounded game.

ThryllSeekyr

It sounds like you finished the game without a hitch.******SPOILERWARNING********I got stuck on the defending hovertrain level. If I was alittle too slack during the first half of that level, it only gets harder defending the now mostly destroyed hover train towards the end of that level. Which I had got pretty close to doing after two days of playing.

********SPOILERWARNING************
Those hoppers that attack right after fourth wave of Nort Hang gliders seem nigh unbeatable if you have already taken fifty percent damage.  

I will get back another time after I finish playing 'Canis Canem Edit'.

On the subject of Rogue Trooper.....

I know it's pretty good game still, though.

One thing that seemed abit off though happened during the cut scene where Bagman gets knocked flying by one of the Nort Drill-headed Personal carriers.

They didn't show any damage to his face at all. A oversized spinning diamond-headed drill hit him. It should ripped his face off, or even his head.

Unless this type of imperviousness is another trait of the Genetic Infantry men.

I think not...

At the time, I had guessed that this may have been altered by the censorship board, yet I also noticed the cut scene shown in the game much later when the Traitor General first shows his half destroyed face. Which looked quite grossly disfigured after the extensive facial injuries he had suffered.

I just thought it was strange how they paid more attention the details in part of the game then the details in another.

Despite this though, I still think it's a cool game where you get to be the man.