Main Menu

Comedy Cuts - ITV2, tomorrow (Thursday)

Started by Dudley, 17 January, 2007, 12:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Right, I'll be upfront: one of my best mates is producing it, so there's some bias.

Nonetheless, I honestly think this is one of the funniest half-hours of comedy I've seen in years.  It's a very simple idea.  They've found about 40 of the best comedians on the fringe, and they've got them to be funny to camera.  Not exactly rocket science, but the clever part is that rather than getting the inexperienced comedians to write new material for the screen, the team have instead worked out the best way for them to deliver the material that they do as part of their live act.  You know, the funny stuff that's been honed through years of audience interaction.

Result?  Well, I pissed myself with laughter.  You might, you might not.  But it's only half an hour, it's the first time it's ever been worth using the ITV2 button, and what else are you doing at 10:55 on a Thursday?  

Trout

Interesting.

You could restyle the fur on a beaver.

Does anyone else have suggestions?

- Trout

Dudley

Well, there's always this beaver restyle

Link: http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=4535" target="_blank">Not entirely work-safe

Bolt-01

Bloody foreigners, coming over here and polluting our message board! Away to your Tax haven Dudley!

I'll have a watch If I get chance though!

Bolt-01

Buddy

Watched that.

Some of it was very good. A lot of it was Meh..

Bit bit for me was the Ozzy bloke on Magig Mushrooms.
"I love magic mushrooms but hate mushrooms.... why couldn't god have made magic carrots or magic peas...... etc etc ...."

Probably looses a bit here just in text but it made me laugh out loud.

I'd watch again if a series was made (or is this a series??).

Dudley

It is indeed a series.

The Aussie bloke's called Steve Hughes.  He used to be a heavy metal drummer with "Slaughter Lord" then packed it in to become a comedian... as you do.  I agree, he's the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

I, Cosh

hat else are you doing at 10:55 on a Thursday?

I was settling down to watch Predator 2 on Film 4. I wish I hadn't bothered.
We never really die.

Buddy

Count yourself lucky you didn't tune into Jason Goes To Hell on ITV2 (or whatever).

I like Pred 2, should have watched that again instead.