Main Menu

Observer graphic short story prize

Started by Dudley, 14 October, 2007, 05:25:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

The Observer is proud to announce the winner of the first graphic short story prize.

First commentator's name is familiar...

Link: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/10/observer_books.html" target="_blank">http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/books/2007/10/observer_books.html

SIP

Well I put a stupid amount of effort into an entry for this competition (far, far too long).

The winning entry isn't really to my tastes - and it makes me realise that my own effort REALLY was not what they were after - but many congratulations to the top 3 nonetheless!

It would be nice if I could see what the other two strips actually looked like - I can't find them on the website.

Did anyone else take a shot at this?

Right, anyone need a one page colour comic strip for anything....before it just gets posted on my website?

James

Where's the winner? I can't see it. Probably missing something obvious,

SIP

I saw it in the paper itself - I'm completely unable to find it on the website (despite the paper saying it is there).

Marbles

I read it in the paper & thought it was total rubbish. Just me ?
Remember - dry hair is for squids

johnnystress

Is there a link to the winning entry anywhere?

Bad Andy

It wasn't rubbish, it just had a Perry Bible Fellowship vibe which is probably better suited to a smaller set of panels.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

SIP

Well, all winners are now viewable (by clicking on the story names in the article).

The terms and conditions of entry state that all entries should be on ONE page - and yet 3rd prize has been awarded to a 4-page comic strip. Completely bizarre.

All three winners stretch to 25 plus panels which I think may be stretching things a bit for a 1-pager.
I thought 'hmm, 1 pager, that's about 6-8 panels maximum'.

SIP

I'll correct that actually - should be able to 'run on one page' - not necessarily be only 1 page long.