Main Menu

Has the ''Burger Law'' ever been reprinted?

Started by Dreddzilla, 04 January, 2011, 08:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Anywhere?
Got this off of the comics.org site ''Only the first two pages are in colour. This is one of very few vintage Judge Dredd stories never to have been reprinted, with the owners of the trademarked characters used not happy and only agreeing not to take any further action after an agreement that the stories would never see print again. More recently legal letters have been sent to webpages presenting the story online.''

JOE SOAP

exilewood

Indeed - can't be reprinted. Mind you, in my opinion, The Cursed Earth epic doesn't really suffer from it's omission. They're the only chapters (as far as I know?) not written by Pat Mills, and even though they were written by Wagner (& Jack Adrian?) I reckon that they're the weakest chapters. Some great McMahon art though.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 04 January, 2011, 08:53:56 PM
More recently legal letters have been sent to webpages presenting the story online.''

I can't believe they're still pursuing this! How petty.

But no, they've never made it into any of the reprints - I have the earliest 2-part collected Cursed Earth published by Titan, and  they were omitted from that, with an explanation in the introduction about the legal reasons.

Wake

Quote from: Dandontdare on 05 January, 2011, 11:31:18 AM
Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 04 January, 2011, 08:53:56 PM
More recently legal letters have been sent to webpages presenting the story online.''

I can't believe they're still pursuing this! How petty.

That might depend on who the letters are from.

worldshown

The old Geocities site with cuttings from the banned Dredd's still exists in archive.

http://www.oocities.com/tokyo/temple/1810/dreddban.htm

davethomson

If you are willing to trawl through things like torrents other P2P shenanigans, all of the original burger wars issues have been scanned and uploaded alongside other early 2000AD issues. Apart from buying the issues off collectors this is probably the only way to read them.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Colin YNWA

If you are trawling through the torrent sites don't forget to check out the Dredd's from Progs 77 and 78 at the same time the 'Soul Food' storyline got caught up in the same brouhaha. Some lovely Bolland art in that one.

Jared Katooie