Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

Quote from: pictsy on 03 November, 2021, 02:16:07 PMThe Mandela Effect does not state that Nelson Mandela never existed.   

I know.

I thought the absolute silliness of what I said implied I was joking.  In response to the same jokiness of Milstar's comment before.

pictsy

Quote from: repoman on 03 November, 2021, 02:44:35 PM
Quote from: pictsy on 03 November, 2021, 02:16:07 PMThe Mandela Effect does not state that Nelson Mandela never existed.   

I know.

I thought the absolute silliness of what I said implied I was joking.  In response to the same jokiness of Milstar's comment before.

I got the joke.  Don't mind me.

repoman

Quote from: pictsy on 03 November, 2021, 02:53:03 PM
Quote from: repoman on 03 November, 2021, 02:44:35 PM

I know.

I got the joke.  Don't mind me.

You watched Hatchet 2 yet?!

pictsy

Quote from: repoman on 03 November, 2021, 02:59:07 PM
You watched Hatchet 2 yet?!

Is that another joke? ;)

I have no plans to carry on with the Hatchet films, I really didn't get anything out of the first one. 

There are those YouTube videos I plan to watch at some point... hopefully soon, whilst I still remember.

Tiplodocus

DUNE. Loved, loved, loved it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 November, 2021, 12:21:32 AM
DUNE. Loved, loved, loved it.

I really want to see it. But, like It, I will wait for the second part. Only hopefully it won't get such terrible reviews that I then don't bother for fear of the book being ruined for me.
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

The sound design alone makes this a must watch at the cinema. So if you can, I would go see it now. It's a very good adaption do far... Seems to be heading in the right direction and is resisting Hollywood heroic tropes in places it needs to.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

milstar

The Searchers

Away from the muds and rain of medieval England and jumping several centuries forward across The Big Pond where John (I nearly wrote Bruce) Wayne searches for his niece, abducted by Comanche Indians. Tbh, the western genre has never been much of an interest to me, usually drawing indifference from me. This film was so-so. The thing that grabbed me the most is the landscape; lifeless, yet, framed in such a beautiful manner it was a joy to look at, and to John Ford's credit, rarely filmed by using more than one camera set-up, whether it's indoors or outdoors. As if you look at some painting. The characters weren't much interesting. The story supposedly reaches across several years, but I got the feeling it never spans more than one week. But I liked how the film wraps up. Out of three possible options, the ending where Wayne had found his niece and brought her home is so poignant and full of tenderness, is definitely the best choice. One odd thing, however, Comanches were obviously played by naturalist Indians, save their chief, who was obviously white. But I suppose they didn't have Indians in the union of the actors then.

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Hawkmumbler

THE ETERNALS

Man I'm glad I saw this high with friends, glad we're finally getting an MCU movie I think Disney heads will hate even more than folks that don't like the MCU.

Justice for Jack Kirby.

sheridan

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 November, 2021, 10:55:09 AM
The sound design alone makes this a must watch at the cinema. So if you can, I would go see it now. It's a very good adaption do far... Seems to be heading in the right direction and is resisting Hollywood heroic tropes in places it needs to.

Good news!

Radbacker

I watched something on Netflix with Bruce Willis in it, a sci-fi film that was so atrocious I can't even remember it's name and frankly can't be f$&ked looking it up, just know it was really bad and don't be temted to loose 90 minutes watching it. 

CU Radbacker

repoman

I started watching the Friday the 13ths again.  Watched the first one a month or two back.  Liked it a lot.

Watched 2 and 3 on Saturday.  2 wasn't great but was entertaining.  3 was pretty awful.

Quote from: Radbacker on 08 November, 2021, 03:21:30 AM
I watched something on Netflix with Bruce Willis in it, a sci-fi film that was so atrocious I can't even remember it's name and frankly can't be f$&ked looking it up, just know it was really bad and don't be temted to loose 90 minutes watching it. 

CU Radbacker

Modern Bruce Willis films are worthless.  Apparently he shows up for one day and demands that all his filming is done then and then he disappears.  Completely phones it in now.

milstar

Brus Willis, Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, Stallone - all dwelling in lower grade bollock films. Sadly.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

repoman

Nic Cage is great though and any film he is in is better for him being in it.  He makes a bad film tolerable.

pictsy

Venus Wars

I had to take a shift from the Halloween marathon thing.  I started watching some classic OVAs like Cyber City Oedo 808 and A.D Police.  So for movie night I chose to revisit Venus Wars.  One of the films to feature on that classic montage from the beginning of those Manga Entertainment VHS'.  I didn't get to see this during the 90's (there are some things in that montage I still haven't seen), but I did get around to it within the last decade.

The film doesn't have an especially engrossing story.  It's one of those animes that meanders about a bit and then just ends when a sortof conclusion happens.  This one is about a Battle Biker who gets caught up in a war on Venus... and that's your story.  That fine, I don't mind.  The animation is pretty damn good in the film.  I love that vintage analogue cel animation from 80's and 90's anime.  It makes my bones shiver with glee.