Main Menu

Writer seeks artists for sci-fi dramedy web comic

Started by Rumik, 17 June, 2011, 05:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumik

Hi everybody,

First time time posting here but please don't hold that against me :)

I'm looking for one or more artists that would be interested in working with me on a modern day sci-fi comedy drama web comic that I've been developing for several years, trying to decide the best medium. The story has already been written, I'm just adapting it for comics now. It's looking like it'll be around 50 pages, so I don't expect a single artist to work on it for all those pages - instead I'm hoping to find several that are interested in doing around 5 pages each, which of course they'd be free to include in their own portfolios. This work is otherwise unpaid.

So, is anyone interested in hearing more about it? Please send me an email or private message if you are. Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Ryan

CrazyFoxMachine

Care to give us a little sample here? A little more background on the characters and such.

Also who'll be hosting this - ? and WILL THERE BE SPACE HORSES?

Rumik

I'd rather not post details publicly, but I'd love to have a chat about it in private, if you're interested :)

What I will say is that it's set in present day England, and is inspired by and is intended to be a homage to Star Wars.

It will be hosted on my own dedicated website, and lol any things possible :p

Rumik

Alright, I've rethought my approach... Let me give this another go :)

Hi everybody,

First time time posting here but please don't hold that against me

I'm looking for one or more artists that would be interested in working with me on a modern day sci-fi comedy drama web comic that I've been developing for several years, trying to decide the best medium. The story has already been written, I'm just adapting it for comics now. It's looking like it'll be around 50 pages, so I don't expect a single artist to work on it for all those pages - instead I'm hoping to find several that are interested in doing around 5 pages each.

As far as payment goes, this is a labour of love for me, a story I desperately want to tell, and I believe a comic is the most suitable medium for it. Ideally, the comic would become popular enough so it could sustain itself, and pay the artists from whatever it makes. I'd also definitely be willing to go the partial ownership route.

Alright, here's a brief synopsis.

Return of the French Guy. An amusing spin on the Star Wars mythos, bringing Jedi Knights into the present day and teaching us that the line between the Light and the Dark side of the Force is far more blurred than we thought.

Based on the trilogy of Star Wars fan films "Shotgun", "3 Seconds" and "Ex" (www.stepladderonline.co.uk), Return of the French Guy is both prequel and sequel, beginning several years ago as the three friends are beginning to discover their sensitivity to the Force, and goes on to deal with issues of friendship, the abuse of power, loss and revenge, all with a generous serving of the humour that made the films so popular.

So that's my story in a nutshell. So, does that pique anyone's interest?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Ryan